Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Who believes that a digital copy should be say $10-$15 cheaper than a physical copy? I...

J

Joshua Hill

People acting like this about companies making money off of the things they create are the reason that things like dlc were created.

D

Daniel Garcia

It's fine as it is. Don't agree? Don't purchase the product. We don't know what the difference is spent on. A portion could go to maintenance of the eshop. Who knows.

K

Kyle MacDonald

Digital games have been a rip-off for ages, unless you're able to get sales like you can physically.

Total crap imho and I won't own a single digital game unless it's something I really want and literally doesn't come on a cart.

And seeing as there isn't anything I want yet I don't plan on buying any digital anytime soon.

S

Sheena Coumbes

I think it should! I'm surprised it isn't actually! There's no stocking, or printing/manufacturing!

D

David Ornelas

That's what the big three told us would happen when they gave us the option to buy digital. Lo and behold corporations can't be trusted to be honest and they just took the money they saved from production and distribution and pocketed it.

J

Joshua Michael Page

Digital copies are more expensive then physical copies in Australia for some games, depending on physical price. I know mario kart was $79 on the eshop and you could get it physically for $69

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

Big retail stores to the small mom n pop stores want a piece of the action. Why would they want to undercut them?

J

Jerry Cruz

nope, don't agree, they work hard day and night on these games. You need to think of it as someone working just like you and credit needs to be given where credit is due. if charging less for digital than physical was the case, then maybe you should only get a portion of the game.

R

Ramiro Jimenez

I wait until there on special even if I'm a little behind from everybody I bought gta 5 when it was 25$ so I just wait

A

Abdul Darwish

Maybe they shouldn't be cheaper just because they're digital but they shouldn't be more expensive when the physical copy is on sale. They should both be on sale at the same time

C

Carole Plaine

back ages ago when I worked with microsoft, we used to give away software for free all the time. I asked "isn't that expensive?" The answer was "Nah, it costs less than 20 cents to print out a CD. The BOOKS, now they cost money..." (so we always handed out "gold" copies with no manuals.) The idea WAS that digital copies would be cheaper, but the marketing agencies don't really understand the concept of "we can't run out of these." Digital copies are literally infinite. That scares marketing companies because how do you charge for something that essentially doesn't exist? So they treat digital product like regular product, assuming that the users don't know the difference. We do. But we keep paying full price, like schmucks. It's up to US to demand reasonable prices and not keep supporting companies that are ripping us off over and over again. (I'm not pointing fingers at any company in particular, all software publishers are guilty of this.)

A

Anthony LeBlanc

Another argument as to why they should be cheaper is that with electronic copies they don't have to worry about packaging materials.

A

Aaron Hughes

agreed they should be cheaper. but not for the resale thing XD
Id say because they dont need packaging and transit.

C

Carole Plaine

As an add-on to my longish response there, my issue is not with game DEVELOPERS. If anything, they don't receive enough of the profits on games. My issue is with the publishers and the marketing firms. Retailers also need a cut. But, like in the entertainment industry, the actual people doing the actual work get the smallest amount of the money. That's wrong. Support your local indie devs. :)

B

Brad Hall

I wouldn't mind digital taking over if prices were cheaper. But I can't spend $60 on a game that isn't a physical copy

B

Bereket Michael Tesfay

Digital Copies should be cheaper and if you pay for the more expensive physical copy, you should have access to the digital version.

E

Erina Snow

they should set example of steam valve

P

Philip Brooks

Agree that how we do music these days

J

James Kettler

good point

R

Riley WoodFinch

It might go towards keeping eshop up and running. (i do agree though)

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom