Contact advertising [email protected]

It's gotta be said; D.Va is one of the worst female characters I've seen in any piece...

• Thread starter Angela Brousseau
  • Start date
A

Angela Brousseau

It's gotta be said;

D.Va is one of the worst female characters I've seen in any piece of media (character wise, her gameplay is fine). Everything about her screams blatant fanservice, and this cat-girl skin only emphasizes it even more.

Young, Asian, Girl Gamer, Skintight Suit, uses words like "epic" and "lol", she even makes a size doesn't matter joke for what it's worth.

She's incredibly annoying, with no redeeming traits. Yet everyone still loves her, the textbook definition of a Mary Sue. Even Reinhardt is a fan of her, and he doesn't really come off as the gamer-type.

She also has no presence in the lore, which isn't the fault of the character so much as it is just Bliz not giving us enough lore, but as it stands she has no reason to be here.

She was designed to be appealing to the lowest common denominator, and the fact that she's one of the most popular characters has proven that Blizzard's plan worked. That's why they can get away with selling her merch for so much. ($150 statue anyone?)

Not saying you can't like D.Va, I just personally can't stand her.

A

Angela Brousseau

(let the copypasta begin)

J

Justin Singletary

It's ok if you dislike her, D.VA isn't for everyone, both gameplay wise and character wise, but I enjoy her character and her combat abilities. It's all good!

C

Chris Rees

They sell every characters merch for that much. Remember the widow statue last year?

D

De Rose

You have your opinion on the matter and thats fine. But many others might disagree. Its how the game is made. Fanservice will never go away.

A

Angela Brousseau

guys.. copypasta

C

Caeley Griffin

I’d say bastion.

V

Vasudev Singh Chauhan

I hate that voice lin .. .LOVE DVA ... fuckin piece of shit

Z

Zahara Hassan

IS THIS EASY MODE??!!