Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys I joined this group on behalf of my 13 yr son. He wants to get into PC gaming...

M

Matt Magill

A

Andrew Cobb

A prebuilt you maybe looking at $500 extra for a name brand over a 'better computer'

A

Andrew Cobb

I also forgot to mention what you'll need to buy

Motherboard, gpu, CPU,psu , hdd or sdd , OS (oem os binds to the motherboard and is 1/10 the cost of retail), monitor, desk , keyboard, mouse, case, ram, chair , tax and shipping (which depending where online could be included in price)

I don't think it will be wasted money as hobbies like these teach skills for the future

A

Andrew Cobb

Amazon, newegg, frys, microcenter, Walmart , target I know I'm missing other stores but are a good place to start

I hunt everywhere I can find around where I live and also where I find on google , bing, yahoo, ask, anywhere I can search online

Price comparing and places do match prices so they can grab their sale

E

Emmett Murphy

i bought cybertron pc as my first i still use the case even tho nothing in it is the same so i suggest that

S

Scott Wehnau

Damn kids get a lot of money these days, never spent a penny of birthday or chore money and never got close to that much

T

Tyler Lund

Or you can let him build it

C

Chris Dixon

If I was a dad no way I let my son build a pc for that kind of money if I didn't know how to do it myself or couldn't help him.

H

Hunter Eiden

Built my computer at 15, it's really not difficult. It's a great learning experience.

V

Vince Medrano

Don't buy pre-built. With that money you can build a pretty decent pc it is not that hard but watch as much videos as you can on youtube. Go check out pcpartpicker.com and pcpartpicker on youtube. Does his budget of $1200 already includes peripherals?

L

Louis Gean Patterson IV

Let your son build the pc make it a father son bonding plus it will be cheaper your son is interested in a path that is constantly expanding and with this pc he can carry into his adult hood if upgraded when need be

N

Niko Giannes

Let him build!

N

Niko Giannes

Computers are like glorified legos. If you're worried about him wasting money, buy pricematched parts from microcenter, their return policy is second to none.

N

Niko Giannes

Also tell him to join this group!

M

Marty Bann

So many details missing from this post, we've more than given our piece. OP sucks.

C

Clarence M Vaughan

First off it won't be a waist. He will learn a trade building his first PC. May lead to a possible career in building or computer related job down the line. Most of all it will make a great father and son moment. Something you both can look back and be happy about.

J

Joshua Groves

Watch Linus Tech Tips ect on how to build a computer its the best way to go you can save some mad $$$

V

Victor Minor

Does he have the appropriate gear to use a computer, Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor and headphones? These may be need for the entire setup. just saying

B

Bryan Whitby

Build your own, my son built his first one at 11.

H

Harry Pritchard

Buying one over the counter is wasting your money more than building your own.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom