Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys I joined this group on behalf of my 13 yr son. He wants to get into PC gaming...

A

Adan Trinidad

Hey guys I joined this group on behalf of my 13 yr son. He wants to get into PC gaming his Xbox one doesn't do it for him anymore lolz. He saved up his money and has 1200$ He insists on building a computer and says that is the only way to go which after reading magazines YouTube vids and visiting forums that probably is correct but I don't want him to waste his hard earned money on something he doesn't fully understand yet. What is the best over the counter PC gaming rig I can buy today. Ibuypower, Alienware , etc

C

Chris Dixon

Where do you live Adan? I can advise in the uk .

Y

Yan Andrukhov

the best one you can buy is the one you build yourself

Y

Yan Andrukhov

dont buy pre-builts

J

Jamie McNab

There's a better option that will still be cheaper. Buy the parts and take it to a shop to be built ( typically charge anything between £30-£50 UK price ) it's the best of both worlds so it is. Get a good performer and the assurance everything is done properly and still save a couple quid :) that would be my advice

G

Gavin Koo

Give your son a chance. As a 14 year old myself, I have learnt so much by myself. He will feel accomplished once he had finished building his pc and believe me, it isnt hard at all, even for me as a beginner took me no longer than half an hour to build it. Letting him try to built a pc is the best choice I would say, though if he doesn't manage, he can of course get someone else to build it for him, but please stay away from prebuilts.

A

Anthony Benallie

You two should build one together, it will be fun and a pleasant learning experience. Its easy and fun.

L

Lebster Whorton

I'm 14 and built/Rebuilt many computers and laptops, give him a chance :)

I

Izhan Nadeem

Pre build<self-build

C

Chris Dixon

In the uk I trust scan.co.uk to build what you want at your budget

D

Daniel Taylor

Wait a few months, theres a huge of shift in part prices happening atm.

E

Edriel Waycaster

I built my first PC, completely naked at 13 to prevent static. Trust me, it's not that hard it's just following instructions. Just make sure you get the right parts, let him know that they're made of silicon not tough stuff and can break. Also, NEVER BUY PREBUILT, either take it to a store to get it custom built, or build it yourself with OEM keys, and a bit of instructions reading.

B

Brendan Rothschild

Awesome dad is awesome. Build one together

Z

Zack Hanlon

Let the kid build it, afterall its his money.

M

Mat Edvinas

"He insists on building a computer"
"What is the best over the counter PC gaming rig I can buy today. Ibuypower, Alienware , etc"

Very logical :))

A

Austin Weaver

To be honest if I were in you're shoes I'd ask for help from someone who would be able to put the best budget PC together for you on pc part picker... Thats just me though.

R

Ryan Jones

Build it yourself

R

Ryan Jones

It's like grown up Legos

R

Rahul Sharma

Support him

B

Bradley Bookman

I know it's a bit scary to put all that money into something you don't fully understand. Don't let that dissuade you. It's well worth it to build yourself. Watch Paul's Hardware, JayzTwoCents, Linus, etc. build videos to get an idea of what to expect. Find one of us to help you with a parts list. You can PM me for help if you like.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom