Contact advertising [email protected]

What's up with the whole "Build A PC!" stuff? I've seen plenty people here who get...

K

Khumbolawo Mussa

What's up with the whole "Build A PC!" stuff? I've seen plenty people here who get annoying problems regardless of building experience. What makes it all worth it in the end? (not trying to trigger anyone)

S

Saurabh M. Kharshikar

good for you

S

Ste Pilling

It's a learning curve fault-finding so to speak

S

Sami Ghidini

It's cheaper to build your own. That's what's up with "the whole "build a pc" stuff". It's easier to deal with hardware problems of you build your own. And its also easier to upgrade. That's "what's up with with the whole "build a pc" stuff".

S

Sander Westerberg

You can get much more for the price if you build yourself

F

Florian Denis

Its better in ever Single wAy

D

Diego Van Holland

Let me quote this real quick for you: “PC Gaming and BUILDING ENTHUSIAST”. If you don’t like the last part or get annoyed by it, please either ignore the posts or leave the group.

N

Nathan Simpson

There's definitely a learning curve to building your own PC. I personally find it fun and rewarding, as opposed to just buying a pre-built, plus you can get all the exact parts you want without paying a premium. I don't know too much about pre-builts, but I hear companies tend to use proprietary parts, which I assume would make upgrading more of a pain in the future.

B

Bakti Yudha Suryana

If only prebuilt PCs were problem free...

Oh no, it's not. Sorry, carry on.

H

Homunculus Jones

prebuilt pc's have less options for upgrades.

M

Miles Nelson LeDuc

Buying a Pre built pc custom or made by a company like Asus for example could be a good thing like you could buy a pc on Craigslist off somebody with parts that cost more than what you payed for it

R

Riley Branson

Cheaper, better, and its the way you want it. Not having to change out half the system when you get it. There's no such thing as problem free. Im in the middle of building a new pc, but im doing custom shit like custom watercooling with modded pc case, custom built and designed radiators, im now looking at building my own psu shroud because the company that i was going to get do it wont ship to australia. Also modding a 5.25" dual bay reservoir into my psu shroud, plus trying to make everything fit is a big challenge. Could of just bought an aio, but won't get as good as a result with cooling.

J

Jackson Gosnell

Performance

M

Miles Nelson LeDuc

But building a pc looking up the parts online and hand picking them is a super enjoyable hobby that buying pre built takes away from like opening a new graphics card its a great feeling lol

S

Sam Gibbons

Personally, I like to choose exactly the parts I want. Can make the build look exactly how I want. Its also super satisfying to put all your expensive parts together and turn it on for the first time. It's also cheaper, I'm only on minimum wage so cost is a big factor for me

J

Jon Miller

I fell for the "shove a graphics card into an office PC" meme when I was a teenager and still ended up wasting money compared to what I could have got by building. Upgrading the very sad AMD X2 5000 to something that could last me years would have taken buying a new motherboard, and I had to upgrade the PSU when I got an HD4870 for christmas.

I built a $300 AMD rig (a8 6600k, HD7870, 8GB DDR3) in 2015 with ebay parts and it hasn't given me a problem since.

E

Eric Dre Sitali

If you want the most for your money, use your PC for gaming, you want to upgrae it in the future and basically a lasting machine, you should/must build your own PC. Building a pc gives you more options you cant get with a pre-built, you know. You want a particular case? Maybe a different brand of graphics card? A different heatsink and a fan for CPU? A modular PSU? When you build your own PC, you choose everything to be exactly the way you want it: from hardware option and quality and down to even the color scheme and choice of lighting. I personally want a relationship with my hardware down to mouse and keyboard. Most importantly, I balanced my PC. I dont want a bottlenecked PC

M

MD Abdul Alim Khan

Higher specs,lower price,sense of accomplishment

G

Greg MacLennan

Can build it the way you want....

And avoid bsod :)

S

Steven Goulding

10 second boot ?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom