Contact advertising [email protected]

Well I'm pretty sure my LGA 1155 motherboard is dead. I woke up one morning to start...

W

William Daniel

Well I'm pretty sure my LGA 1155 motherboard is dead. I woke up one morning to start up my second system and it would power and then shut off after 1-3- seconds then power on again. It just gets stuck in a boot loop and will not post. The motherboard also has a dead DIMM slot so I'm pretty sure it was on it's way out. Anyway I tried switching power supplies three times, got nothing. I tried changing the memory as well as booting with only one DIMM. Still the same response. I have tried a CMOS reset and taking out the CMOS battery nothing seems to work. I thought maybe it could be the power/AC cable so I swapped it, nope. I moved the system to another case in case it was shorting on something, nope again. I disconnected cpu power to see if there would be a difference in the amount of time before it shuts down, just to maybe figure out where the failure is. The system just shuts down even quicker so I'm pretty sure all the power leading up to the CPU is good. I took out the GPU and tried the IGPU, that didn't help. I disconnected everything except motherboard / cpu power nothing is doing anything to help. I'm pretty sure I'm at my last resort which is to try and reflow the solder unless anyone has anymore ideas I haven't thought about? To reflow the solder I was thinking a heat gun and if that didn't work an oven, I would just have to figure out how to properly do it. Btw there is no way it's the cpu temps I have a 3 month old hyper 212 on there. The motherboard is a GA-Z68-UD3H-B3, revision 1.3. The CPU is an i7 2600k.

K

Kevin James Contratto

Did you check thermal paste. Couldd be not enough contact from heatsink plate to cpu itself

C

Chris Kaminski

Sounds likes its dead, invest in a diffrent socket I suppose.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom