Contact advertising [email protected]

So this is probably old news but HOLY shit LGR's videos hardly take place in his...

K

Keegan Ostrowski

So this is probably old news but HOLY shit LGR's videos hardly take place in his house, they take place in a storage container.

J

John Mayfield

QuakeGold FTW!

R

Regina Carson

Who's lgr?

K

Keegan Ostrowski

Just about the only YouTuber I actually watch lol but pretty much a channel with everything this group likes.

F

Francis Meunier

i stopped watching his videos long ago anyway. I just don't like how he seem to brag about his games in review videos he make, how his collection is growing because of Patreon money, and how he just DON'T want to make a video of a game until he find it complete in the box, or finding ALL of the different versions of 1 game, like what he did with Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (i'm pretty sure he could have done a review, but he really needed to own the game complete in its box to be able to show it off in a video (which is pure bragging if you ask me). Anyway, this is what i think, and why i don't watch his videos anymore.

A

Anthony James

Clint is a good guy, and pretty active in quite a few groups I'm in.

I've watched pretty much every video of his, and never heard him brag about anything. Every time I've spoken with him, he's been a very genuine and down to earth dude. People choose to donate to him, in the form of money for entertainment, or games/stuff for his collection. There's nothing stopping you from perusing Youtubing and doing the same. ;)

It seems incredibly silly to say someone is bragging by having the physical copy of a game for a review video, and wanting to wait to do them until then. He's been collecting for a very long time, and had a huge collection long before he went to Patreon. You must have missed his popular thrifting series, or his early videos.

Also, as stated, this is his livelyhood. Youtubing can be a very profitable and successful career. However, it's far from easy and takes up a lot of time. Some youtubers spend days just editing videos. It is very much a full time job.

All in all, and no offense, it more so seems like you are upset with his success and find it obnoxious that he has stuff that people decided to give him, and he shows off his collection. A lot of people want to see that, and who would not show off a collection they worked very hard on? :)

S

Scott McAfee

I believe Clint/LGR did a video addressing this very topic after some folks were critical of the revelation that he filmed in a storage container/space. I personally see nothing wrong with it: it's his set and probably necessary for storage/space purposes. I have probably .0001% the amount of big boxes that he has and I have a very hard time storing them.

K

Keegan Ostrowski

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just mindblowing. I literally always pictured him doing videos in his living room.

L

Larry Laderoute

He said his house is too small and that he likes the division between work and life. He likely has enough viewers that he could upgrade all this one of these days. Let's just keep.watching and hope he gets the chance. Never felt he was bragging about anything...

E

Edward White

I love LGR. The quality is high and I dont feel he is bragging. I love the thrift videos, if only the shops near me were like that (though he checks much more often than I can!)

F

Ferris Lowery

There are few times I've watched his videos and noticed that he glosses over otherwise interesting bits of vintage computer info. I think he is more of a gamer rather than an old school hardware enthusiast and got pulled into the old hardware through games. Not shitting on the guy by any means, just wish there was someone else that appreciated the hardware side more. I think this is more evident in his unboxing fan mail videos where he gets a pretty cool obscure piece of hardware or software and just tosses it to the side and says, "neat"

R

Ry Hardy

LGR's channel has grown quite a bit over the years and has always been entertaining and educational on most of his videos. I think it's damned cool he is able to do this full time and make a decent living. While yes, he enjoys certain topics more than others. I like his enthusiasm about the topics and items he does have. And the research "LGR Tech Tales" videos. However, I agree, on the old old computer equipment he might be a little light on the interest and perhaps equipment like that might be best to be reviewed be someone that knows and has a little more experience with it. But overall, I like channels such as LGR, Phil's Computer Lab, Vwestlife, Glens Retro Show and others as they seem to be very passionate and appreciative of the topics they do and cover. It's hard to please everyone.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom