Contact advertising [email protected]

PC Master Race gods and goddesses, what type of firewall appliance do you have...

• Thread starter Allen M Patterson
  • Start date
A

Allen M Patterson

PC Master Race gods and goddesses, what type of firewall appliance do you have guarding your home network? If you are using just the Windows firewall, need not apply. :)

J

Jake DeLauro

My PC is blessed by the almighty Cthulhu

S

Sam Wallace

I'm not sure how you would use a Windows firewall to be your NAT firewall. Btw pfsense

A

Adam C. Zawacki

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

A

Allicia Hofley

Norton Antivirus.. and before I get all the Norton is a virus and its shit bs... it is not lol ita saved my pc a dozen times

S

Sean Curtis

Avg and malwarebytes

A

Allen M Patterson

The problem I'm going to have is that because my internet speed is high, I would have to find a powerful firewall... Probably something enterprise-grade.

S

Steven Swenson

Routers are basically "natural firewalls", unless you're port forwarding to a system with something vulnerable on that port.

Z

Zack Sebastian

I run nothing never had a virus on any of my pcs beside a buddy of mine had someone remote access his pc to mine with his gpu.

A

Allen M Patterson

It's not my PC that I'm wanting to guard, it's my cameras, smart devices, etc... And I also have a static public IP address, etc. So while my PC will benefit, it's largely for all of my equipment that do not have their own firewalls and such.

M

Mike Huffman

I use a Cyberoam rack mounted firewall so that I can maintain site to site VPNs for when I work from home. It’s a bit overkill, but it was an extra, so the boss said take it

A

Allen M Patterson

Mike Huffman, I do love some overkill.

M

Mike Huffman

He’s not asking about virus protection. This is more to protect against active hacking attempts via brute force.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom