Contact advertising [email protected]

Classic So some of the scalpers were bragging that they were able to grab 10 snes units or...

• Thread starter Andres Gonzales-Gamboa
  • Start date
A

Andres Gonzales-Gamboa

So some of the scalpers were bragging that they were able to grab 10 snes units or more because they had multiple accounts with one retailer. Do they also have 10 different credit/debit cards? Is there a way these retailers can track them down by their names and see that even if they have different accounts most likely they used one of their cards at least twice? Thus, it would prompt them to cancel multiple items if the card was used more than once to purchase the same product. Any thoughts?

M

Mike Live

There is always a way around it unfortunately. Too bad it's not legal to just shoot them in the face

W

Wen Tien

they probably can, but there is not really much in it for the retailers to go the extra miles to detect and cancel orders. especially it's impossible to tell who is reselling and who is getting extras for family/friends.

W

Winston Sario

Sadly no, it's the consumer's right. And their greed will always surpass their moral values.

C

Cathy Shiderly Jackson

Why should they? They got a sale and that's what the goal is. The best way to control it is only sell in person but then you will always have some pay a dozen people to stand in line. The only way I know of to control it is just refuse to pay anyone more than the suggested retail price.

W

Winston Sario

Its the marketing hype and the hoarding of the distributors.

O

Otto Rogers

People have dozens of credit cards. American Express used to give 25$ credit for each card you registered and spent at local businesses

J

Jennifer Lehr

Retailers just want their money. They don't care who buys it. I got an Xbox and have all the NES and SNES games on it. No need for a SNES. And I said after the NES fiasco I wasn't buying from Nintendo.

D

Derrick Wilson

You can buy a prepaid Visa card at almost any retailer. I suppose one could buy as many as they wanted and preorder as many consoles as they wished....

T

Tim Melton

The retailer dont care there getting there product out and making $$$$

J

Jennifer Arrendale Bartlett

Didn't Nintendo say they were going to make enough SNES to meet the demand? Don't buy from a scalper yet, please! They will, most likely, be stuck with all their units and learn a great lesson about greed.

J

Jill Lienhard

I thought scalpers weren't supposed to be on this page....

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom