Contact advertising [email protected]

So, not looking for an argument, just civil discussion; What's the difference between...

T

Tracy Burgan

So, not looking for an argument, just civil discussion; What's the difference between a person who has a 'main', and a person who one-tricks? To me it seems like the same thing, but one tricking is deemed horrible, while mains are a thing to crow about. Thoughts, opinions?

V

Vynyl Shiro

Being a main means a primary pick but can still play something else.

One-trick is playing just one character and not even bothering to try to git gud at any other character and is incapable of playing anyone else.

M

Meesta Buttaz

maining means that while you prefer one character, if it's better for the team they'll switch. one trick is the opposite.

D

David Ponce-Rodriguez

I'm a dva main but rock a solid Orissa, zen, junk, tracer, reaper, and Moira. But I'll always instalock or prefer dva unless the comp needs something. Different or I have a dva one trick on my team

A

Amanda Kristeen Zimmer

Because one trick means you only know how to play one character.

Having a main means you prefer a certain character. And most people have more than one 'main'. Some people even have classes that they main. Most people consider me a support and tank main, for example.

D

Daniella Angeline Grego

My main is the one where in a failing game I go right sod this shit, I'm busting out my bad boys now

A

Amelie Tucker

Solid D.Va main, but I still play others when needed. To one trick means that even if there were two tanks and no healers and I was left I'd still pick D.Va

B

Bradley Love

Imo,

Main: a player who mainly plays a specific hero, or a number of heroes. For example, a player could be a Lucio main, whilst another player could be a Mei and Orisa main. Or, a player may main a role, as such as the Support role. These players can still switch off to another hero in the time of need.

One trick: a player who only plays 1 hero, all the time, and they do not switch off. For example, a player could be a Dva one trick and will only ever play Dva.

Also ill mention Flex, because why not. A flex player is flexible in their hero choices and can play a wide variety of heroes to a good standard (if not all heroes, but idk).

J

Joshua Hitt

Someone with a main means they have a character their good with, where a one trick means they only play one character

M

Mike Wang

Main is the middle ground between full-flex and one-trick, if that helps. You can't flex to too many heroes at an equal skill level, but there are back-up picks you can use if your main is countered. One-trick, on the other hand, is completely useless on any hero besides the one hero they play.

A

Aadil Saqib

A one trick is someone who climbs.

A main player is a person who complains about climbing one tricks and thinks they should be higher ranked because they switch to "what the team needs" over playing the hero they're actually good at and want to play.

R

Raimone Gresham

I have over 350 HRs on Lucio but then all other heroes except for Doomfist I have over 13, maybe 20 now. With some being 50 and up. It’s just so if I end up on a team with someone who can only play Lucio, I can flex still close to the same level.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom