Contact advertising [email protected]

Question folks. Im learning about PCs, with the intent of building my own someday....

M

Miles Zemanek

Question folks. Im learning about PCs, with the intent of building my own someday.

My question is this: if i have two computers, is there a way to hook them up together, so games and programs will run off of one PC, and pull resources (vram, ram, gpu etc) from the second computer when needed? Almost like spreading resources between two computers for one purpose?

If so, how?

Thank you.

A

Anthony Montalbano

As far as i know there are motherboards that can hold multiple CPUs and you can SLI or Crossfire graphics cards to do this

M

Miles Zemanek

Sure. But can you take two whole and completely different PCs or laptops, and run them parallel to one another to accomplish one task? Like a prebuilt HP and a prebuilt gateway? Lol see what i mean?

K

Kaizer Astrea

I guess what you mean is called cloud syncing. Theres a software from Geforce/Nvidia that does that.

K

Kaizer Astrea

But if you really mean that 2 computers working together for a game or software is unheard of.

N

Nathan Wilce

Why on earth would you want to do this?

The implementation would be different for every usage, gaming, servers etc...

J

Josh Swanger

You could use TORQUE or other clustering programs on some linux distros to do something like this, but its not really what you want as far as gaming. I havent heard much on this topic since the 90's and the DOS age. We've got strong enough single systems now to not really need it.

K

Kaizer Astrea

Its impractical to use 2 PCs for a single work when you can just have a single better one. Its doable and possible but its pointless.

M

Miles Zemanek

Well, my intention was to build a badass high end machine, hook up my old computer in this fashion to my new computer. Id run games on the new rig, while my old computer handled and processed what it could of everything else, leaving whats left to be handled by the beefier, new rig.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom