Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey folks. Got a question. I have a gtx 1070 and a Samsung ultra wide 3440x1440 60hz...

B

Benjamin Salter

Hey folks. Got a question. I have a gtx 1070 and a Samsung ultra wide 3440x1440 60hz Monitor without gsync. Occasionally it'll drop below 60fps in games which makes them feel choppy at times. I'm debating on getting one of the gsync ultra wide 100hz ones or just upgrade to a 1080ti. What would you all recommend and why?

C

Chris Steezmour-Fussell

if you upgrade gpu, your monitor will only be able to show 60fps, you can play with your settings in games, keep it ultra but maybe turn down a few items might get a better frame rate but keep quality maxed. Id say monitor but at the same time i would say both.

B

Benjamin Salter

Yeah, I would love to have both, but I can't really justify $2000ish. I plan on selling them after and I know the 1070 is going to be easier to sell so I think I'll go with the 1080ti. I've just heard some much praise about GSync (to the point where 40fps feels buttery smooth with it, apparently) that I wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts on it. I'm sure the 1080ti will maintain 60fps though. It's like 50+% faster than a 1070.

C

Chris D Kelly

Same setup here, never experienced choppiness...

I suggest fast sync

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom