Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Nintendo pro-tip: Buying digital games? Buy the cards from Best Buy. Gamers Club gives...

• Thread starter Jonathan Jurczak
  • Start date
J

Jonathan Jurczak

Nintendo pro-tip:
Buying digital games? Buy the cards from Best Buy. Gamers Club gives at least 1% return, eshop gives 5%.
#stack

A

Al Bunndy

The cards?

J

Jonathan Jurczak

Eshop cards. They count towards the point threshold for $5 rewards certificates.

R

Ryan Swindlehurst

I bought a $50 eShop card on ebay for $42.50
I'll drop the link in a bit

A

Al Bunndy

You could just buy physical and get 20% off with Prime and Best Buy...

E

Evan Wilson

Not all games have physical though. Anyone know if you can earn gold from a physical and digital release of the same game?

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

With prime and the 1% my Nintendo that’s 21%. Nice try digital discount

J

Jonathan Jurczak

See, I like Best Buy because you get AT LEAST 1% back, in lowest tier, if you're not using their credit card. In the highest tier? It's over 6%. PLUS the 5% back from the Eshop?

Oh, AND that stacks with the 20% off you already get from the Gamers Club. ;)

E

Evan Wilson

You also only earn 1% of the digital price for physical copies. Say there's a game that's $20 digital, or $30 physical. You only receive 1% of the $20 price for the physical version

J

Jonathan Jurczak

Sure, if you buy physical. But then with Best Buy, I got 20% off, and the 2% return from their rewards certificates, plus the 1% return from the eshop.

You gotta shop on a case-by-case basis, really.

M

Michael Levitz

You cannot trade or sell your digital games :)

A

Angela Goodall

Does the math factor in the cost of BB’s Gamer Club?

K

Kim Hoover

Thanks for the heads up! I just bought 2.

E

Edgar V Camacho

Good idea if you can only get digital but I'm sticking to physical as much as possible when it comes to Switch games. Just picked up gamers club yesterday with Mario Rabbids on sale right now at BB for 23.99 with the club. I didn't realize it was a two year thing which is pretty nice.

G

Grant Berserker Neal

Buy from grocery store with credit card designed for high groceries cash back. Bada boom

J

Jordy Wijgaerts

I still prefer having physical games. The point system is not worth it.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom