Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys this is something i was hoping someone to shed some light on. For native 4k...

M

Marcus Yagambaram

Hey guys this is something i was hoping someone to shed some light on. For native 4k tvs the source footage is always maximum 60hertz so if you have a 120hz tv the tv is actually upscaling your footage to 120hz using frame interpolation. Does the same apply to 4k gaming? If you game at 144hz on a 4k monitor are you actually getting a upscaled image? I believe this causes artifacts to appear when gaming. Kinda confused about this

F

Franek Glowacki

Do you mean gaming at 1440p on a 4k monitor?

M

Marcus Yagambaram

No gaming at 4k above 60 hertz

M

Marcus Yagambaram

On a monitor above 60hz

I

Ihab Issa

No , refresh rates will not be upscaled on neither tvs nor monitors , If you are gaming on 4k and having 80fps you are seeing 60hz asif you are playing 60fps. Only TVs that support real 120hz input are Sony such as X850D / X850E , X900E , X930 e... on 1080p only. Native refresh rate of the monitor / tv is the only source you will actually see.

F

Franek Glowacki

Your gpu will push as many frames as it can to your monitor. Since 4k monitors are generally still 60hz, you may see some screen tearing unless using sync. Not sure I'm fully understanding your question sorry!

M

Marcus Yagambaram

If you game on a 4k 120hz monitor then anything above 60fps/60hz is actually frame interpolation so more like a predicted image? If thats true then its better to have a 60hz monitor than a 120hz monitor thats going to give you a "false" image?

M

Marcus Yagambaram

It seems to me that having any refresh rate above 60hz is not only unnecessary but also possibly a worse choice to make? I mean if thats true then why spend more for higher refresh rates

J

Jonathan Lewis

No. That is only a TV thing. If you get a display with actual native 120hz, then it will display 120fps. no extra frames inserted.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom