Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Hey guys ive got a problem i bought splatoon 2 today and the only real reason to...

J

Janek Holmik

Hey guys ive got a problem i bought splatoon 2 today and the only real reason to putchase it was online. However it wont connect i go into lobby and somerhing like that comes up my internet works very well and stuff on other devices what should i do?

J

Jay Ryan

Pretty sure lobby mode is to play with other people locally, not online

O

Omar Shariff

Hi Janek Holmik your connection is probably behind a firewall. You will need to fiddle with your router settings to allow the Nintendo Switch free access to the internet and/or bypass your security. You can set it at port level or your security level. The settings differ from models of routers to different versions as well. Also it is a little bit difficult to explain if you aren't sure how to access the router either. Try checking with someone who knows how to configure your wireless.

Alternatively you could borrow a USB to Ethernet adapter for the Switch and try a direct connection.

กาน สมูท

you use hotspot from mobile right ?
switch should use NAT type A for play online

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

Also try doing a hard reset on the switch hold down power button till the switch restarts..that happened to me when I first bought my switch in April on release day and Nintendo rep had me hard reset to get internet going

R

Rikki Abbott-Burgess

Hi Janek, firstly I recommend deleting the second picture as you should never reveal your unique IP address number out. As you can quite easily become a victim of cyber 'hacking'

Also here is the Nintendo switchs troubleshoot page for your current issue. Hope it helps
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

Anyone know what kind of device I need to buy to have my own portable internet hotspot

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

I like to play my switch online without looking for a free or unlocked hotspot..

R

Rikki Abbott-Burgess

Mobile phones can easily be turned into personal hotspot for the Nintendo switch or other devices nearby. They would probably be your best bet.

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

Do I need to go-to my provider,. I didn't know my phone could be a hot spot .

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

I knew I could by a separate device ..I have Verizon

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

Is there anything in settings on phone ? Or does. Verizon my provider has to do this ?

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

I think I found the option. On my Droid device

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

Going to try to set this up I hope it works ..I have unlimited minutes but hopefully I still will lol

R

Rikki Abbott-Burgess

Most smart phones have a setting in 'settings' called 'personal hotspot' which is always defaulted as 'off'. You need to switch it on and that will turn your phone into a portable modem.

However be aware. Using your phone whilst it's on will likely cancel the hotspot to which you would have to turn it back on and start again.

Be aware that you might go over your plan. As devices that require consistent internet can destroy your data depending on how much you have.

'Personal hotspot' goes of your data alone and not your minutes.

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

I got it working thx u

K

Kencindy Ginsberg

Splatoon works great and I have unlimited

K

Kyle Avery

I have the same issue it constantly says connection unstable then it kicks me off

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom