Contact advertising [email protected]

Hello everyone! I've been looking everywhere online and I haven't been able to find an...

E

Edwin Moreno

Hello everyone! I've been looking everywhere online and I haven't been able to find an article or any information on whether I can upgrade the case on a Dell Optiplex 990 like the one I have pictured. It's *not* the small form factor one, which led me to believe I could put the motherboard in the mid size ATX case.

My question is; will this work? The motherboard fits fine however I will have to put in a different PSU since the stock wires do not reach the pin ports. The only problem is that I cannot find where to put in the power switch or P+ LED and other wires that came with the case. I'm afraid this means that my motherboard is somewhat proprietary to the Dell case it came with and I will need to upgrade it.

Any light you all can shed on this issue is deeply appreciated. This would be my first time tinkering with a PC.

D

Drew Leonard

upload a close up of bottom right of the motherboard. should be connected where all the black cables are going. some should be usb headers

E

Edwin Moreno

E

Edwin Moreno

D

Drew Leonard

this connector is for your whole front panel. proprietary.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom