Contact advertising [email protected]

Guys maybe somone can help..? Having my pc restart when playing games yet i can run...

W

William Isbell

Guys maybe somone can help..?

Having my pc restart when playing games yet i can run Prime95 and Furmark for as long as i want with no restarts.. I have also run the windows 10 memory test and nothing came of that also.

Tried.: Reinstalling windows onto a new hard drive. replacing GPU / Changed Ram + slots

i have been seeing alot saying bad PSU but all my voltages come back fine along with no restarts during Stress tests..
Any ideas :( ?

L

Lucas Rusch

how long are these stress tests? when i first ocd mine i had an hour done so i was like ight. and i played some games and it crashed.

J

James Luckhurst

Turn avx offset to -1 in bios that should fix it

W

William Isbell

Stress test have been plenty long enough. And also no overclock.. Thanks I'll give that a try James Luckhurst

W

William Isbell

Still no luck guys :( .. changed out the PSU also and still instant power offs..

I didnt manage to find the AVx offset setting but i found a Anti-surge and turned that off it.. still nothing

J

James Luckhurst

OK list your full specs bud

W

William Isbell

ok so i bought a Overlocking pack via overclockers 8 pack ( but now have delocked it back to default :

Asus Z-170 E Motherboard
Intel 15-6400 2.6ghz ( was clocked to 4.4 ghz stable) Custom waterloop
32gb Ram AVEXIR DDR4 -2400MHZ
Nivdia GTX 970 ( custom water loop ) ( temps are amazing)
Antec 750 True power PSU

J

James Luckhurst

Replace the 970 bud, nvidia got sued over that card and lost every case. Its faulty from the word go. Also RMA that pack because it seems the mobo has become unstable to due overclocking. A 6400 should not really be able to hit 4.4ghz and has probably damaged the mobo by doing so

W

William Isbell

I did think this when i bought the package but it was all certified by this 8Pack guy then was selling with .

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

The 970 i already swapped out and tested with an old 670 card but still had the same problems..

I can run a GPU and CPU stress test fine but when i run a test on the OCCT Power supply test it max's out everything possible and crashes instantly

The package is now 2 years old :(

J

James Luckhurst

Google "GTX 970 3.5gb ram issue" and you will see the issue with that card. The 6400 isnt even meant to be able to overclock at all its not a K series cpu, and getting it to that frequency is like 6600k territory. If it could do that from standard then Intel would have labelled it as a 6600k. I would bet my nuts on the fact that its either the mobo or cpu is damaged from overclocking when it shouldn't even be able to overclock. I dont trust 8pack stuff because most of the configurations dont even make any sense and that prick sells a 5.5k system for 28k

W

William Isbell

To be honest you sound about right.. i may try my luck with messaging overclockers. i have tried so many solutions now the mobo and cpu is the only thing left to try out.

I heard about the Ram issue just cant afford any new 10 Series yet :(..seems to be going ok for me ... for now lol

Thanks for trying to help a man out (Y) top fella

J

James Luckhurst

My pleasure bro, if you ever need any help with anything just tag me and il be there bro. Also if overclockers give you any jargen about time owned or any crap just state british trading law "Every product sold has to be suitable for intended purposes" and selling a non overclockable cpu overclocked voids that clause of our legislation and that entitles you to a full refund or a replacement product that is suitable

W

William Isbell

I will do matey Thanks again for all your help (Y)

W

William Isbell

Latest response from overclockers.... I apologise but we are unable to assist these CPU's are overclockable via voltage clocks however this is something 8Pack can help diagnose and potentially raise an RMA for you to get any faulty product back for testing...... Look like I gotta try contact this guy.. But ready some forum stuff before he don't seem top helpful.. We'll see. :(

J

James Luckhurst

If you bought from overclockers then they hold the rma responsibility

W

William Isbell

That's what I would assume also. Very odd. I have messaged him. Just waiting for a reply.. See what happens

W

William Isbell

So.. Overclockers have agreed to RMA the motherboard and Ram. But told me Intel have to deal with the cpu.. But Intel don't do anything until overclockers give a verdict on the motherboard blimey what a pain in the ass. Slowly but surely I'll have my pc back.

J

James Luckhurst

At least you have the situation moving in a direction that resolves the issues. I'm glad you didn't get stitched up on this one bud

W

William Isbell

Yea that's very true. It took about 10 emails and constant persistsant nagging that it's their problem. Fingers crossed.

W

William Isbell

Update: Overclockers have returned the orginal RAM to the manufactures but have said the MOBO is fine and no problems. ( yet even with my tests run at home i swapped the RAM out for 100% working Ram on an another build and still got the same issues ).

Another rant email sent :(... ill get the eventually

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom