Contact advertising [email protected]

General Question: (Anyone and everyone can answer this) Lately there's been a lot of...

E

Evelyn Fazzingo

General Question: (Anyone and everyone can answer this)

Lately there's been a lot of Anti-Men posts. (Basically saying how men are toxic towards girls).

I wanted to test something out and this is how it went. Some of this will be new and some will be old-ish (not that old, maybe a few weeks.) All of these included voice chat.

My main account:
Played Ranked (Normal): This season alone, No one used my gender against me. (Gold to Plat elo)
Played Capture the Flag Ranked: No one mentioned my gender. (Placed 2500+)
Alt account Ranked (Normal): Not once did someone mention my gender in negative way, In fact I met multiple girls (sometimes 3 in one game) and we all got along, complimenting each others play style/ult usages. There were some games where guys would say "Gg boys and Girl" or "Gg non gender related to video games people"
- they were obviously joking so don't take offense- (High Gold Placed)
Alt account Capture the Flag Ranked: No one mentioned my gender and I met two girls who I befriended, We placed 8 out of 10 games together, they were even openly talking about irl stuff in team chat, Not once did a guy tell them to shut up, IF anything, the people in all 8 of our games were chill and worked amazing together. If anything one joked and said "Suck my dick" at the start of the match , one of the girls played along and joked back. (Placed 2700+)

My question is, Where is this happening to other girls?
Are you guys on Console or PC?Which is it most common on?What Elo (if in ranked) is this most common in?

All of my Games that I've had girls in or been solo in while in voice chat , never once had someone use my(our) gender against us. I tend to find most of the people I played with as friendly ,down to earth and willing to help. There was even one game where someone was learning Ana and the rest of the team (including me) were giving them tips and pointers, telling them they were doing amazing (they were) and it was what won us the ranked game.

I've played countless normal games, arcade games, ranked games (both capture the flag and normal ones). I've had other girls on my teams, on the enemy teams, In voice chat and in team chat (typing). Out of 610 (plus lvl 295 because of the alt) levels I never once had an issue that involved my gender, just my gameplay and how bad I'd do one game. I'd get toxicity for missing a lot as Widow or not doing good on a hero I was learning.

J

Jordan Arcand

Following

K

Kai Turner

Following - I've never seen it either, and I regularly queue with my girlfriend, and a couple of other girls

S

Shelbie Nox Mattingly

Same. I've never had anyone saying anything about it either. Closest thing said to me was I was connecting my mic and the people in team chat were saying "I don't think he has mic" and when i jumped in they said "oh, she. My bad"

E

Evelyn Fazzingo

I already know this post is going to have mixed comments ,but lately I've been seeing so much Anti-Men posts about men being toxic towards women. Every guy I've befriended or played with never had an issue with my gender.

C

Caleb Popan

People just make those posts for attention, if anything you kinda wasted your time trying to find it, no offense though, great you made friends

M

Mei Bei

M

Makayla Jones

If does not happen very often, but I did experience stuff that was gender related. Lost a ranked game, not once did I speak ALL game unless it was objective related. And at the end, I was blamed. With comments like “God I hate women” “I’m a girl playing games BABYRAGE” (<said in a sarcastic tone)
and also had some games where I was told to go back to the kitchen and kill my self LMAO
I never made a post about it in the group because it rarely happens. But, it’s still an issue, and just because it may not happen to everyone or happen offen doesn’t mean they are bad or people begging for attention.

B

Brayden Sherwood

I've definitely been in games where guys have been super shitty to women so it does happen. I wouldn't call it the norm, but it does happen

P

Piper Ingram

Ive encountered a small amount of sexism compared to how many people just didnt give a fuck.

However i do believe that people tend to focus on the few negative situations that occur. Girls get mad and sometimes inflate whats happened (guys do it too).

My encounters were in Diamond + where i once had a guy throw so he could "get this dumb cock slut out of my game as fast as possible"

But honestly the encounters are so few and far between that its such an insignificant thing.

Y

Yesenia Salazar

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with rank. You find assholes everywhere . If you're lucky you don't .

M

Mei Bei

I would argue that it is more related to perceived bad play than gender. If they perceive you were at fault, they will say anything they might think will bring you down. I've gotten it for winning and I never talk... people will say.. wow great aim... what's your mom's basement like.. or my favorite from the other day when my team won.. "Virginity strikes again!"

J

Joshua J A Florian

So i jave played games on pc and Xbox where this has happened. But i dont let that shit fly. I hear it, i am going to say something. Dont get me wrong i flame if shit isnt going right. But its never because they are female.

B

Brayden Sherwood

and i'd like to say the reason it seems like some girls go on about it as if it all that happens is probably because they only post about the bad experiences.
People are far more likely to post about a negaive experience than a positive one so the negatives get far more focus and thus seem like the norm

E

Evelyn Fazzingo

The way I see is it, Gender doesn't matter when it comes to playing video games, but lately there's been too many Anti-Men posts or Men Hating related things. You mention anything about the female gender and theres some people who flip it around on men.

E

Evelyn Fazzingo

Also I don't want people fighting in this post, it's open to anyone and everyone, opinions are wanted.

S

Shai Todd

I find people commenting on my voice often, assuming I’m a girl, and then go as far to tell me to “suck our dicks” or “let me fuck your fat ass” or “marry me” even in qp. I still use chat often I just use a lower voice when needed.

K

Kevin Monterroso

I play with both males and females, and I treat them with respect, regardless of gender.

A

Alice Mochimochi Saito

I usually just get it on weekend from little kids in quickplay lol they like to say they lost because of "the girl" ect. Or they just throw as soon as you talk. I've had about 6 comp matches like this and they were all when I dropped to silver.

B

Brayden Sherwood

I wouldn't go so far as to call them anti-men or men-hating

yeah they'll be like "ugh i hate men" but its never really literal from my experience. Like how people, myself included, will say "ew i hate kids" even though there are plenty of kids i get along with relly well

is generalising a good thing? not really, but again its not really a literal thing. When women do say it though you need to be careful not to get into the whole "not all men" mentality

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom