Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Can we just talk about Yooka-Laylee? In all my experience on gaming I have never...

C

Carlos Yarib

Can we just talk about Yooka-Laylee? In all my experience on gaming I have never witnessed a game as underrated as this. The game sold so poorly that it might mean that Playtonic will not develop a sequel. I might be biased because Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie (Especially Banjo-Tooie) were for me what Super Mario 64 and Zelda OoT were for others during my childhood. I cannot compare SM64 with Banjo-Tooie, because in my opinion, the latter is far superior in many ways. Anyway, going back to Yooka-Laylee. It is in my opinion a masterpiece of its kind. So early into the game it simply feels like home. It feels like 7 years ago when I first played BK and BT, and felt immersed in their beautiful story, music, humor, and gameplay (Although I'm young, I've always liked platformers way better than say FPS and RPG). Many factors could've been the cause of the poor performance of this game when it comes to sales. It could've been all the JonTron drama, which made a significant amount of backers take back their money, or the fact that the Wii U version was cancelled, and many of the Wii U backers are not getting a Switch. When they removed JonTron from the game, I knew they were on for terrible consequences, and in my opinion, staying neutral on the subject would have just been the best decision for the devs. Overall, what I think affected this game the most is the lack of interest for the game. Those couple hundred thousand players were mostly BK fans, and not a whole lot of people had interest for a spiritual successor to Banjo-Tooie (Banjo-Kazooie already had a successor, so YL is a spiritual successor to Banjo-Tooie). This game would've totally disappeared from shelves 20 years ago, but today, people want to kill zombies, spend $100+ on skins, and yell at microphone with insults. Just check the reviews for the game. Many call it "boring" and "too childish". Because today, the real gaming community is as small as it was 20 years ago, and the rest are whiny butt holes and "game journalists" who started gaming 6 months ago. Long gone are the golden days of gaming, and that is the main reason why games like this are ignored. Just my humble opinion.

J

Jason James Grubb

When its released I'll give it a look but it was the bugs and inconsistencies that most critics I read held against it.

J

Justin Vargo

Still waiting on a physical switch release.

D

Delaina Freeman

I'm still waiting on a switch physical release, but doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen :(

G

Garfield Mcsniffit

If you think I'm reading this autism screech of a rant ur stupid

C

Carlton Donohue

this game will never come out for the switch lol

C

Cory Jackson

It will see great sales on switch I believe.

S

Sam Paskins

Trust me the sales will increase when it comes to nintendo switch that's what a lot of people are waiting for.

B

BG Alex Mendoza

And is really that bad ?

R

Roger Enyart

Lets just hope they FIX all the issues and the SWITCH version can be the BEST. I still want it.

D

Dan Reid

If it had launched on the Switch in April without the bugs, it would've been a huge seller.

I'll definitely buy it whenever it lands.

S

Spencer Miller

It’s mainly because reviewers hated it. It’s good but just very average. I’m excited for the second game they teased at the end but I didn’t enjoy it as much as kazooie or tooie.

Z

Zerø Kaøs

Seriously it's been months. When the hell is this coming to Switch?

J

Jay Petrequin

A common criticism I heard from some die-hard Banjo fans was that it actually relied too much on trying to be a new Banjo-Kazooie game, rather than being its own thing.

R

Riley Horne

I'm waiting to buy it for the switch

T

Thomas Boye

Am I the only one who wants JonTron's voice back in the Switch's version? Feel so

A

Adrian Fernando

I got it and... I can't really find myself liking it allthat much. THe game lacks much structure, the hub world's rather boring, the jokes are pretty hit-and-miss, the quizzes are more frequent rather than being saved for the last bit, the levels feel mostly empty...

D

Damon Foley

Should've developed it soley for Switch, ironed out all of the bugs, and then release the game.

S

Snickers Keller

I seriously feel like most of the people waiting for this are waiting for the Switch. Seriously....... it's what I want it on... yet here I wait

C

Chloe Sian Filbee

The JonTron thing didn’t affect me buying it because I couldn’t care less and didn’t even know his voice was in the game before that, I still bought the game but I don’t think it’s amazing. It’s decent, it has its positives, but it also has it’s negatives and some bugs, and a terrible camera, I don’t know if the bugs and camera are fixed now though. Overall for me it was just average.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom