Contact advertising [email protected]

Anyone remember Legendary Wings on the NES? It's a fun little SHMUP from 1988 that for...

Z

Zachary Banks

Anyone remember Legendary Wings on the NES? It's a fun little SHMUP from 1988 that for some reason shares a lot of similarities with the Mega Man series. It's a fun little romp and has a two player simultaneous mode as well. I'm guessing the Mega Man similarities (certain sprites and sounds) can be attributed to the game being released around the same time as Mega Man 2.

I decided to cap a 1cc "No Death" run of the game, which honestly isn't that hard. The game also has some segments that aren't super interesting to watch, such as bonus levels and "danger" dungeons. So I decided to spice it up a bit. I took the footage and created a sort of overlay around it, animated a bunch of sprites from the game (and Mega Man 2) and wreaked havoc with it while the footage runs. It's a bit hard to explain unless you actually see it.

I also created a second, smaller screen on the bottom right that displays useful information about the game. Such as the enemy types, pages from the manual etc. If you'd like to see something other than a typical LP, then you might like this. Any feedback and thoughts are always appreciated!

C

Chris McAtamney

Great video! Thanks for sharing!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom