Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Am I wrong in saying this:- "Am I the only one who wants new games (not ports or WIIU...

A

Andrew Defty

Am I wrong in saying this:- "Am I the only one who wants new games (not ports or WIIU conversions) on the Switch?"

So many here are hoping for titles like Mario Sunshine and many others to come to Switch.

I want new games, new ideas, new ways to play. New console, new fresh games designed around the console itself... Is this too much to ask for?

I like the Indies, but really there is too much placed upon the retro games and not enough focus on where the Switch could/should go in terms of new IP's.

J

Josh Brown

Everybody wants new games, but there's nothing wrong with ports to fill out the library while we wait for the new games. Games like Metroid and Pokemon take a year or two to make. Would you rather ONLY have new games? We'd have a lot less to play if that were the case. That's the way the Wii U was: one big game every six months or so. Many people who skipped the Wii U didn't get to play any of it's better games, so Wii U ports are 100% justified. Also, many people in the Nintendo community might not play other systems. I can't afford to own more than one current gen system, and I don't own a gaming PC. The PS4 and XB1 had tons of ports at first. Just because ports are coming doesn't mean you have to buy them. Speak with your wallet.

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

Ports have no impact on new games ffs

R

Ryne Santos

Why can't we have both? FFS.

J

Jordan Santella

Port don’t have an effect on new games port don’t take that long to do a lot of the time ports will just be a side project to do

C

C Quinn Koelemeyer

Bring on the wii u ports never owned that crappy system.

K

Kyle Merkley

I'm okay with the ports, and some of the older ones would 've pretty cool, but I do wish the switch had a bigger library of new titles, and bigger titles. I love the indie games and the ports, but I'd love to see more original stuff, or some more AAA titles

N

Noah Brown

I'm all for new ports and new games

J

Jackson Serr

I want both

D

Daniel Rasmussen

It looks like the consensus is that yes... you are the only one.

T

Tim Bogart

The thing about the switch when compared to a ps4 or even wii/GC is the probability, every other current gen console i
Outpowers the switch but can only be played at home we want new games but we also want to be able to play old games we loved where ever we want (a zelda collection would be amazing, MKDD would be perfect on switch, and SMSS would make a fantastic platformer) because they were good games on there home consoles and would be just as good if not better (looking at you zelda and MK) on switch due to new tech (split joycons for multiplayer, better graphics for 2d zelda)

N

Nik Lal

I want both, because I missed the best games the first time around. Rather than pay a premium for an out-of-production console and out-of-print game and get older technology with a limited lifespan, I would love to see that entire library available on the newest and most convenient console.

I don’t like the precedent that’s being established of poor quality ports, like an outdated version of Payday 2, some of the sports titles, etc. I feel like the older titles from Nintendo’s own library could het high quality ports on Switch.

Never gonna happen but I’ll keep dreaming.

J

Juan Miguel Iglesias Iturriza

Have you ever developed a game?
These take time unless you want a crappy game, if you are building a game from scratch, even a multi platform, you need time to code the whole thing, even with engines like unreal 4 or unity, you still need a huge amount of costumization.
The switch actually has a great release schedule, in fact, we had more exclusives than Xbox one in 2017 and 2018 together.

B

Blake Wild

Labo, yoshi, Kirby, metroid prime, pikman animal crossing, and that just Nintendo... my backlog is swamped I need to catch up before these titles come.

C

Chloe Sian Filbee

I want both tbh. But there’s not a lot people can say about games that aren’t announced or new IPs, apart from “I want a new animal crossing” or “I want a new Pikmin” etc..

L

Louise Peters

I’d be thrilled with half n half - ports and new games

G

Giovanni Martinez

Ask yourself, do you honestly think you're the ONLY one who wants new games for the Switch out of the ENTIRE gaming community?

L

Lucas Nakao

You're wrong only because there will be new games on the switch.

M

Matti Moilanen

Dude I want the old awesome platformers and older games. But new games are good too if they're good and such. Dude Switch is the only modern Nintendo console I have because finally they made a decent/great one. Didn't want Wii u, Gamecube, not even Wii that much. So I've missed out and can enjoy them now with remasters etc. Like I did with the PS4 (Uncharted, The last of us etc many remastered)

R

Ritvik Narang

Same with playstation
I think this gen should be called the remastered generation because that’s all we are getting

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom