Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch What's your thoughts about @NintendoAmerica Labo? Check out the video for our...

T

Tim Williams

What's your thoughts about @NintendoAmerica Labo? Check out the video for our thoughts. #NintendoLabo...
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and thank you for the add

W

Will Bartos

What Labo is is a weird way to diversify their audience in a pretty cheap manner. Yes, it's "freaking cardboard", but it's a material that no other company ever considered. If this were plastic or something it would have been seen as a weird cash-in, but semi-socially acceptable because of the more durable material.

Much like Hey Pikmin, Nintendo has come out with things that no one really asked for. I don't see it being the next big thing for Nintendo or the Switch, but I don't see it as a detriment if it fails. We've seen plenty of games fail, but the venerable Nintendo keeps surviving and thriving in the era of "MUST BE BIGGER AND BADDER HERE'S VR AND SUPERCOMPUTING HARBLGARBLHARBLGARBL"

When I watched the trailer, I had this stupid ass grin on my face as everything kept building up. It reminded me of the days I used to build things with Legos and play that way. It's a different creative outlet with a material that is easily replaceable (just grab an exact-o knife and old cardboard boxes - and the plans are supposedly going to be available from Nintendo). The target audience seems to be for kids and "kids-at-heart". And the software also seems to show how all these cardboard contraptions work, teaching basic engineering skills.

It's Nintendo being Nintendo...and I think they're being brilliant.

TL;DR - We don't need it, but it looks pretty awesome, and it won't put a huge dent in the armor of the Switch or in Nintendo's budget. And yes, I'll walk around in a mech suit made of cardboard if it allows me to transform a virtual giant robot into a vehicle.

A

Alfred Lemmon

C

Crystal Watson

It’s interactive but not vr so I love the idea. It sparks people of all ages to be a little creative. I am single and play alone so I love this idea. Most games are $59 anyway so your paying $10 for 5 interactive accessories and you get to build them. I’m happy to get it.

D

Dennis Miranda

Not to mention how well it will appear to those with 3d printers .

B

Benjamin Boston

The concept is pretty cool but there's no way a little bit of software and some cardboard is worth $80.

T

Tim Williams

Do you guys mind if I use these comments in a video?

D

Dennis Miranda

Sure.

F

Freya Noble

People bitch about the price but cardboard, let alone decent quality, isn't cheap and unless you know how to cut boxes into parts that would be easily put together and maintain, then this is a fantastic option. It's great for kids.

M

Mark Ceralde

cardboard toys is the last thing i would give to kids. they will tear it, spill crap on it, crush it, etc. Shitty move by nintendo to charge 70 bucks for cardboard as well.

C

Crystal Watson

Do the do that to your switch?

M

Mark Ceralde

obviously not, but kids are more accident prone than adults are. If you think that the 80 dollar cardboard robot suit will last 6 months to a year with a 5-10 year old I got a bridge to sell u

M

Mark Ceralde

dude. Its cardboard. maybe an inch thicker than paper. and by the looks on the commercial its petty flimsy as well.

D

Dennis Miranda

It can always be rebuilt with other materials, remember this is a learning experience product, I believe they want us to build upon their idea.

D

Dennis Miranda

A creativity product.

E

Edgar V Camacho

I'm not even the target audience but I'm getting that piano for sure.

M

Mark Ceralde

hey, im just expressing my opinion on it. I don't think any of those products will last 1 full year in the hands of a child. if it does, its going to look like soggy, bent cardboard thats left out in the rain and dries overnight.

C

Crystal Watson

Easily replaced

M

Mark Ceralde

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

G

Gabriel Guevara

First, Nintendo said no one is interested in online gaming. Now they’re saying we’re not interested in VR or 4K. So it throws cardboard at us and the masses flock to it. Smh.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom