Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One So dont join Alpha Server if you dont want to deal with a dumbass admin that is on a...

L

Laiken Brown

So dont join Alpha Server if you dont want to deal with a dumbass admin that is on a power trip and doesnt know what they are doing. Host doesnt even play his own server.

G

Greg Grimes

Lol host probably got a headache of his own

C

Cristy Woodson

As I host I have the same building rules. It does reduce lag and reduces the chance of a data corruption. Before the rules were implemented our server wiped about once a week. Now we have not had a wipe at all. Like he said you gotta get creative. Not here to argue or comment really on the quality of that server but here to share my experience and the experience of many other Hosts I've talked to. Behemoth gates cause more lag than walls as they have an actual animation of opening and closing every time they render. It would probably equate to the same amount of lag that 20 walls do upon rendering. As spiked walls or pillars, from pure experience, would equate to about two or three regular walls. Of course the true amount of lag will be determined by the individual players connection as well as the hosts, but even with great connection on all ends the Xbox simply cannot process that much processing power. As well as taking into account the other players on the map, how many Dino's in each individual base tamed as well as wild tames, who is using game chat and how many things are being crafted/harvested ect. There's a lot of things for the host Xbox to receive process and then send.

D

Dereck Santiago

1 gates cause lag
2 learn to build

Z

Zakk McGehrin

If you coat the outside of your base with fence foundations and walls you are almost 100% more likely to crash when rendering then you would with b gates. Whoever disagrees has no idea what they're talking about and should never be made an admin ‍♂

R

Ryan Harris

Good ol' Greg. Not surprising that he found himself a server that was dumb enough to promote him to admin in. Dude was in a server I was in less then a month ago. Got raided, then cried like a bitch. Repeatedly. Then rage quit the server and didn't see him again.
Dude does nothing but run his mouth, and can't back it up. Admin is a good spot for him. He can feel like a big boy now because nobody can touch him.

C

Cory Huddleston

Sorry but I kinda feel for the admin. Seems to be just trying to stop corrupted data for happening.

J

Jordy Leonardo Torres

I agree this server is shit!

D

Dusty Crow

I agree I disagree and I'm over here like....but it's reading D:

G

Gregory John Wayte

This comes from a tribe that does not like rules guys be careful because this tribe will be a head ache. I am the admin she is talking about and as I see most of you agree with me. It's just a simple rule no brontos dodic and no.leavong old buildings. When you have 40 gates around your base I brought up the fact maybe we can find away to do this without gates. Your not seeing all sides of this. Be careful with this tribe ahe is a head ache

L

Laiken Brown

Bj Goudey

W

William D. Sanford

For the most part, gates cause lag. There's other ways to protect your base without lagging the server. One thing about lag that nobody ever talks about, and is a larger problem than bronto or gate or whatever is.... People on the server with a low internet speed trying to do too much at once. One person not having fast wifi can lag everyone on the server. Why does nobody talk about that?

G

Gregory John Wayte

Agrrex

G

Gregory John Wayte

Cause we can't figure out who they are lol we should be able to see peoples speeds and control

W

William D. Sanford

Yeah I get we can't check the speeds but still, maybe people with low speeds don't know that's what is causing the lag. If more people talk about it more people will know to fix their internet or not do so much at one time. Flyer speed also is a larger problem than gates etc in my opinion.

G

Gregory John Wayte

I agree totally

W

William D. Sanford

I once had a ptera that was so fast I named it GLITCH and parked it in a hanger never to fly again lol.

T

Tyler Clemens

No doedics? Wtf?

G

Gregory John Wayte

I had a rex that ran faster then a ptera could fly lol

B

Brandon Wofford

Smoother rendering on walls over gates. Gates are way lazier but cause more stress on the engine. Your not only loading ina giant structure but a giant structure that moves. Animations take alot of ram even if the animation isn't occurring at that moment the game has to acknowledge the fact that it can so it loads every step of a gate opening and closing from start to finish. I ain't takin no ones side just sharing some facts

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom