Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch January is always such a slow news month. What’s a Nintendo news junkie to do when...

E

Evan Marks

January is always such a slow news month. What’s a Nintendo news junkie to do when every other article is just speculation on a potential Direct??

So I’ve been thinking about the combat in Breath of the Wild. So far a big to do has been made about it being skill based. The lack of experience points, and breakable weapons means that you’re better off increasing your skill as a player, rather than hunting down the best equipment or maxing our your heart containers.

Equipment does play a role - obviously I get that. But the openness of the world has sort of created an opposite skill curve where the fighting gets easier as the game progresses. I want to know how you think Nintendo goes forward with the sequel? Carrying the same combat systems over to the next puts players of this game at an advantage, and perhaps robs the game of its challenge.

I’d considered changing the enemy variety, but I wonder how far that can go? With breakable equipment BotW necessitates it’s enemies to carry equipment Link can pick up, lest you be caught with all of your weapons broken.

The highlights of the game are your character starting over with nothing and building your way back up. Eventide, the beginning of the game, and the DLC packs artificially side step that problem, but are there diminishing returns with that?

How does the sequel create a challenge in combat again? Or is that even a problem that needs solving?

M

Michael Hawthorne

Nintendo did the Switch presentation last January.

L

Luke Lovelock

Combat was fine. The durability needs to go up by about 30% i think. A little goes a ling way. Increasing enemy variety would force you to change attacks etc..... so i think that is a key. Overall i loved botw... i wouldnt too much. Just tweaks

S

Seth Ludeman

I find the weapon breakage super annoying, and I could do without the cooking as well.

E

Evan Marks

Also I hated weapon breaking.

Spoiler- I don’t like this game. But I still want Zelda to succeed so I guess it should do these things that people like

M

Matt MacDonald

I'm so eager to hear news about the Direct... even just a confirmation date... keep it coming Nintendo

A

Arman Alamin Siddiqui

Get ready for Grand Theft SalesExplosion

D

Daniel Rasmussen

I don't think the next Zelda will simply pick up where BotW left off, Ninendo always changes things up and each Zelda game is very unique. Even OOT and MM are very different from one another other than the visuals. Although it is difficult to see where they could possibly go next with the series, I have total faith in Nintendo to surprise us like they always do.

R

Robin Reed

I'm not very good with fast action in games. In BoTW I can do a back flip when I practice it, but never when it matters. I never figured out how to do a flurry rush. Still, just by whamming away with my weapons I got through the game.

C

Cliff White

What is Direct?

C

Cliff White

Never mind lol

K

Kase Lansford

Gettting nervous they’re not even gonna tell us anything anytime soon

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom