Contact advertising [email protected]

I was reading the April 2017 issue of PC Gamer (Issue 290) and it has a cool article...

• Thread starter Cooper Jake McKay
  • Start date
C

Cooper Jake McKay

I was reading the April 2017 issue of PC Gamer (Issue 290) and it has a cool article about the history of RPGs. The Elder Scrolls: Arena (1994, Bethesda) The great grandfather to Skyrim, was originally titled Arena and was a combat game, not an RPG. RPG elements were added later in development then it became a single player RPG and the title "The Elder Scrolls" was added to make it sound more like an RPG. The worlds were procedural generated, like it's sequel Daggerfall. The later Elder Scrolls games are much smaller, ditching the huge procedural generated world (Daggerfall is as big as Great Britain! ) for a smaller hand crafted one. But it's cool the original games are so big. My first Elder Scrolls game was Morrowind.

C

Cooper Jake McKay

Tefen Ca Meant to post this months ago but I didn't have time. It's cool PC gamer talks about retro PC games. I got a subscription for Christmas from my brother!

C

Cody Warmbo

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

J

Jimmy Grimple

I still like going back to Arena every once in a while. Super fun!

D

Derrick Powell

I have always really liked this game, I still have the disks; but sadly lost the box and manual through the years :(

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom