Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi guys, i just build my first gaming PC with i7-8700k @5GHz 1.38vcore but the temp...

K

Keith Boon

Hi guys, i just build my first gaming PC with i7-8700k @5GHz 1.38vcore but the temp reached 99c on my NZXT Kraken x62 is this normal i just new to Overclocking anyone please help me sorry for the bad english.

Z

Zuri Ramirez

Just new to overclocking? I'm guessing it has to do with the voltages, I think.. I never had an Intel CPU so I can't be sure with my answer. For my Ryzen chip, I managed to decrease temps by removing my AIO's thermal paste that was already in it and replaced it with Arctic Silver 4 or 5 thermal compound.

K

Keith Boon

Yes it was my second time overclocking

K

Kane Hewson

I got my 8700k to 5ghz without adding any voltage. Try less volts and maybe even take the oc off. Itl stil boost to 4.7 and thats more then enough but yeah Id put better heatpaste on aswell

K

Keith Boon

im not sure how much thermal paste i should replace it i never done it before

K

Keith Boon

the auto voltage hit 1.47 when overclocked to 5ghz so i lowered down to 3.8 i tried below 3.8 it crash after 10min of testing

G

Gabe Young

Looks unstable anyways. 3 cores failed and aren't being stressed like the other 3 cores. You'll need to lower voltage for the sake of temperatures anyways so try 4.8 or 4.9 with less volts.

J

Joezenn Sellerx

Temp to high, sell it and switch to Ryzen 7

K

Keith Boon

BTW here my specs for further information:
Intel i7-8700k
Asus Z370-F Strix Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz
Asus GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC
Corsair RM750i PSU
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB
Kingston SSD 240GB
NZXT 340 Elite

M

Marginean Cristian

Too high lol ...way too high ..i have amd and never breaks 60c at 4GHz ... well it's not 5 GHz , but im pretty sure perfomrance it's better , also AMD's are known to run hotter then intel :p

D

Devin Wong

Oh look, Katy lake, not coffee lake

K

Keith Boon

haha nice spot, ya i also notice that on the sensor they thought it is kaby lake i already download the latest verion

C

Colin Andrews

Is the heat spreader making full contact with the cold plate on the AIO?

Did you even use thermal paste?

J

Jordan Hyde

Needs to be delidded bro! I was running mine last night at 5.1 on 1.35v and never went over 60.

K

Keith Boon

Colin Andrews the NZXT Kraken x62 pre apply-ed thermal paste on the cooler, i try screw tight already

J

Jordan Hyde

Those temps look normal... This shit runs real hot without a delid. Check your cooler etc, but I'd say a delid is in order.

K

Keith Boon

Jordan Hyde bro do you use asus motherboard? can you take full picture tutorial for me about your overclock profile? because i new to oc not sure i do correctly

P

Peter Egan

that's toasty :v

J

Jose Torres

You can get delid kits and use liquid metal between the die and IHS

P

Peter Egan

i delidded my 7700k. used only arctic silver 5 and still got it running 20c cooler than before delid. am waiting for some metal to try again and see if its any better than arctic silver.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom