Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys! I don't know if this is allowed but I'm stuck in my research and I don't...

N

Nick Lynes

Hey guys! I don't know if this is allowed but I'm stuck in my research and I don't know where else to go...

I'm trying to upgrade my computer but I don't know where to start. The reason I want to upgrade is because I'm constantly getting frames dropped when there is a lot of traffic coming to my computer. i.e. tons of explosions/multiple firefights (Rainbow 6)/ many people in Stormwind/Org. I am not really looking for a new GPU because I'm pretty much fine with my graphics where they are, but if the GPU is causing the issue, then I'll reconsider.

I'll list the specs that I know are:
GPU:GTX 960
Processor: i7-870
motherboard:Gateway Fx6840
RAM:12 gb
SSD:I believe it is WDC WD10Ears-22Y5B1?? (this is what my computer says under Disk Drives)

Any guidance would be appreciated. If you need more specs, just ask!

C

Chris Hoover

I had a i7 950 and was experiencing this
It was resolved when i upgraded processor to a 5820k. I later upgraded the graphic card.
Original gpu was a 6950 ati card.

I would focus on the cpu causing a bottleneck.

T

Tojic Drago

That's an old cpu man...like, ancient. I would replace that...and in the next year or so you should also replace the 960. Wow will run fine on it till Bfa.

T

Tojic Drago

When Bfa hits youre gonna want something more...up to date as far as gpus are concerned. Other than that you should be fine...

T

Tojic Drago

The issue is...you probably need a new mobo...so..you either go with a ddr4 support and get ram aswell or you need to look for one that supports your old ram and gpu,but has a newer socket for the newer cpu you wish to get

R

Roman M Luna

What’s the GHz your getting out of that CPU ? I agree replace the CPU either to Skylake or CoffeeLake. Depending on your budget. I have a i5 6600k not OC at all running with GTX 970 16 Gb Ram 2133MHz. Games run smooth at High. Some I play on Ultra and run smooth. If the game your playing isn’t optimize then the FPS drop here and there.

M

Marc Vanlommel

ears are very old hd get an ssd instead

R

Ronald Severt

Go to ebay. Buy a 3rd/4th gen i5 prebuilt system for $100. Put your video card in that. Add an ssd.

K

Kevin Poarch

I have the 3930k. Works like a charm.

L

Lee Yong Quan

cpu and ssd

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom