Contact advertising [email protected]

You Might Not Get More Rick And Morty Until Late 2019

News

Staff member
Buckle up,
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
fans, you may be in for a long wait. Though
in October, it's entirely possible there will be a nearly two-year gap before the Adult Swim series returns.

That news comes care of Ryan Ridley, a writer and producer on the series. Speaking to the
in early December, Ridley revealed that work on Season 4 has yet to begin. "They really take their time. I never understood why everybody--all parties, Dan [Harmon], Justin [Roiland], and Adult Swim--didn't get their s*** together, and make the show fast," he says. "I just don't get it. It doesn't make any sense to me. I'm sure they all have their reasons."

Given how long the process takes, Ridley isn't hopeful that fans will get new episodes anytime soon. "We got done writing Season 3 in November of last year and here we are 11 months later," he explains. "And then I know how long the show takes to write, let alone animate, so it's just like, I'd be surprised if there was a fourth season on the air any sooner than 2019--in late 2019."

While Season 3 technically launched on April 1 with an April Fool's Day episode streaming online, new episodes didn't begin airing weekly until July--eight months after Ridley says writing was finished in November. If he's not expecting a new season until late 2019, it seems that writing on new episodes won't begin anytime soon.

That said, per
, Adult Swim hasn't actually renewed Rick & Morty for a fourth season, though Ridley is positive it will happen. Harmon, a co-creator on the show, also confirmed at New York Comic-Con that a fourth season was guaranteed.

If you don't know how to handle the long break before a new season of Rick & Morty arrives, never fear because GameSpot is here. You can check out our
to dig even deeper into the series.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom