Contact advertising [email protected]

PC Why does my game keep freezing and restarting my computer when I play

D

Dairl Kirk

Why does my game keep freezing and restarting my computer when I play

B

Bill Nhan

Hang on 2 seconds. Aren't you the same lad that couldn't get Destiny above 20fps on a 1080Ti I saw the other day?

D

Dairl Kirk

Negative

D

Dairl Kirk

I just started playing last night and can't play for more then 5 mins and game crashes my computer

A

Andreas Gade

What are the specs for your pc?

B

Bill Nhan

Are you blue screening?

L

Liam Matthews

My friend had the same problem with a r290x so perhaps it's an issue with AMD drivers?

A

Andrei Balasoiu

Might be overheating bro. Download Aida64 and run it for 5-7 minutes and check the temperatures

L

Luke Mason

I had this issue, and I figured out my power supply had failed. Very high end game I ran caused my computer to crash and reboot may need a new PSU.

J

Jason Allworth

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

J

Jennifer Matteson

Hm. This is a new one. I've had old computers completely freeze up on me, but I've never heard of a program freezing so badly that it affects the I/O to trigger a restart.

J

Jennifer Matteson

If it's not overheating, then it has to be the power supply. This worries me. I haven't gotten the game for PC yet, so I'm wondering if my computer can handle it. I really don't want to get the game for PS4 because that community is toxic AF.

D

Dairl Kirk

It just don't make sense I can play COD wwii no problem and that's a very demanding title and it does fine

T

Tertius Liebenberg

overheat?

M

Michał Skotnicki

Overheat, power supply failing, busted hard drive (I had such a thing happen with several games on Steam with my previous drive - turned out the Steam partition had bad sectors right where the games were installed, making the entire system go haywire).

Y

Yuri Magni

I would say to check out your PSU connections. I had the same issue a couple of months ago, it turned out that was a non-perfectly connected cable between the PSU and the mobo.

D

Daniel Berman

You can check your event viewer to see crash details on what module triggered it. You'll often see a graphics driver or similar caused it

D

Dairl Kirk

Ok maybe it is faulty hardware I just played StarCraft 2 and it did the same thing after the first game

M

Mark Brock

As many others have said, my guess would also be the power supply. If you just recently got your psu, I'd recommend returning it an getting a higher wattage power supply. I'm a firm believer in getting a psu that's a little stronger (100w above suggested) simply to give it some headroom.

D

Dairl Kirk

well i have had it for almost 2 years and maybe 500w wasnt enough idk. im getting ready to build a whole new rig though.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom