Contact advertising [email protected]

What are your guy's opinions on using hibernate instead of shutdown with Windows 10?

R

Reid Carlisle

What are your guy's opinions on using hibernate instead of shutdown with Windows 10?

C

Chris Richardson

My pc is either on, or off. None if that hibernate or sleep shite for me.

A

Adam Van Der Breggen

i used to for my laptops but now its buried too deep in windows and the sleep function is good enough now

M

Mike LeClair

With an ssd why bother? My pc averages like 4 to 6 seconds for boot to desktop. Hibernate was meant to help wake up quicker while saving energy. It's kinda.. Obsolete

K

Kay Myrstrand

I use it a lot. Usually have unfinished projects up somewhere,and it just saves me finding and reopening what I was working on.

N

Neil McDicken

When it boots in 10 secs who needs Hibernate.

P

Paweł Piwowar

Always Hibernate, fast, no power use, you can turn off power, and quick back to work, this is even fast than SSD when you have tons of background APPs, even faster than light SSD don't help some poor optimize apps to fast run, so Hibernate always win for HDD or SSD.

H

Hans Becker

I use Sleep

A

Alex Landreau

Who shuts down their computer?

J

James Bridger Pearson

Even if you hibernate, you're going to need to restart or shut down your computer sometimes. I shut down

H

Haput Hernandez Macatiag

S3 sleep for the past 3 years. 5 watts consumption for it.

T

Tim Woodworth

I always shut down even if I leave for 10 min. With computers booting in 5 seconds now I don’t see the point of sleep.

G

Gilbert Beaudry

As a bit of a hardware guru and a bit anal about my components and peripherals, etc... I would highly suggest you leave it on when you use it, and shut down when you go to bed or whatever unless you are downloading torrents or whatever. Also, don't leave it plugged in 24/7. That's how you waste laptop batteries. Don't hibernate or shut down more than once a day. It's bad for your mobo, PSU, battery, and overall lifespan of your laptop.

C

Carl Emmanuel

Linus made a great video about that

Z

Zach Alarid

I disable hibernate and sleep immediately on any pc.

D

Dennis Barbier

I just leave mins on 24x7x365

D

Daniel Haefner

Please don't tell my wife the computer can be turned off!

R

Robert Clark

If you're running an SSD, shutting down is fine, hibernate is also fine, regardless of how long you'll be away.

No ssd? Sleep if you're going to be back shortly, hibernate if it'll be a while or so.

Exception: laptops, shut them down or hibernate them if they're going in a bag. Sleep is still on and running and will fry them.

R

Richard Philips

if your going to shutdown you might as well clear out all the running software as well IMHO,

R

Richard Clark

Hibernate can cause issues sometimes - I always shut-down. With an m.2 nv drive it boots in about 3 seconds anyway

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom