Contact advertising [email protected]

Tips and tricks for playing Sombra support? P.s. I know she's pretty situational but...

R

Rose Rend

Tips and tricks for playing Sombra support?

P.s. I know she's pretty situational but it's something I'd like to add to my roster.

M

McClellan Angus

If there's a heavily guarded symmetra teleporter you can ult and reduce it to like 2hp and considering sombra gets her ult much faster it's a pretty effective trade off

A

Abood Dabdoub

You're basically 1000% more viable on 2CP defense than anything else. Hack healthpacks all over the point, ALWAYS have team coordination or she just won't work. You can hack targets to cancel their ults or cripple them. (Ults that can be canceled by flashbang can be canceled by hack, and you can cripple genji's dragonblade, etc.)

Your EMP should be followed by at least one ult or extreme target priority by your team.

B

Brandon Marleau

Ok my advice (I've got about 40 hours of sombra and she's my secondary) is learn time management. Pick the critical health packs on your current stage and try to stay on rotation with about 2 or 3 of them depending on how far they are from each other. When you've got your packs refreshed use that time to prowl the point and hack the tanks, pick a healer to harass, shut down an ulting dps, etc. Never just run out onto the point without your invisibility and just start shooting. With sombra it's all about being invisible as much as you can and utilizing your hack with every opportunity you can.

T

Thomas Harris

Hack some health packs and make sure to teleport back before something bad happens when you flank or before the time runs out. I also recommend only hacking a few key health packs around the objective, that way you can hack someone important when you flank to really put the hurt on them. That's my advice, I only have around 12 hours logged on to her and still learning when to be aggressive and when you retreat.

T

Thomas Harris

Another thing I forgot to mention, if a health pack is within range of the EMP (must be within line of slight though) it will be hacked instantly. Also, the EMP and hack will leave a mark over someone if their ultimate is ready when you hacked them. It's useful to hack someone who has their ult ready after the EMP, like say an ult ready Mercy by chance.

M

McClellan Angus

Also never let anyone tell you she's a healer not a DPS, she has a medium range and does a fuckton of damage if you can learn how to aim with her. A lot of people think she only exists to hack healthpacks and get ult which is not using her to her full ability

R

Ray Caverly

As sombra I like bullying tanks. The smg has a big spread, buuuut tanks have big bodies. I just bully them and teleport to a health pack until the team pushes, then I ult.

S

Sagar R

EMP Zen's ass everytime

A

Alex DeThird

Sombra is incredibly versatile. The pros use her really well and quite often.

A

Austin Cain

You are not a genji dont run in like a dumbass plan things out and bait people

R

Ricky Guinn

Hack and shoot shit. Bam

M

Matt Moe

Following

J

John Hayles

hack every health pack you see

S

Skyler Yazzie

Turn invisable or use your translocator when your trying to sneak behinde the enemy. Try to pick off their
Support. Hacking the tanks helps your team for a push. Throw your translocator over the enemy team then use your ult... Hack phara just cause it's fun to watch her struggle on the ground

N

Nico Alagiyawanna

Sombra support on bot lane.

M

Morton Atkins

Hack
Dem
Health
Packs

J

Janinho Mulyano A

H A C K T H E W O R L D

M

Mohamed Ibedjaoudene

Don't be caught up *always* in the backline. A mistake a lot of noobie sombra players do is they spend their time running around putting their tp on a healthpack rinse and repeat... sure you can do that if you time it well...

BUT in a team fight, you NEED to be there in order not to leave your team fighting a 5 v 6 while you're translocating all around the map.

Also, as much as possible always try to get the high ground, you'll find a surprising amount of people literally ignoring you at best and being distracted at worst when you're on top of them.

As you climb the ranks, try not to keep your TP on a healthpack always because it's gonna be very easy for a team to rush your healthpack and take you out.

I made it to 3500 playing sombra only.... well ALMOST, Sombra is good in most situations (she's not THAT situational), the times I had to hard switch was when they had a good hanzo or when we needed something else in the team comp.

Lastly but not least, in most uncoordinated public comp games, you wont get the chance to initiate with the big emp, rather you should wait for the team fight to take place and *then* emp... it's better to emp 3 targets and get the kills then have a 6 men emp and no follow-up.

The last point is ESPECIALLY true if you don't have a lucio in your team.. if you dont have a speed boost dont even think to translocate far away to emp.

M

Mohamed Ibedjaoudene

And two mechanical tips.

You can throw the translocator, get invis quickly and then translocate... if you do it quickly enough its almost impossible to tell where you are because you'll translocate at a different place then where we actually see the tp.

When you throw your translocator to emp, deactivate invisibility, THEN translocate, when u do that there is no delay for the ult animation to take place

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom