Contact advertising [email protected]

PC So there's usually a reason to everything and I just wanna know one little thing. Why...

D

Donnie Evans

So there's usually a reason to everything and I just wanna know one little thing. Why didn't they do matchmaking for raids, nightfall, and trails? Or if not matchmaking then a general chat or a clan chat instead of needing a 3rd party app?

It is what it is and I'll find a way, discord seems to be working out but is there an actual explained reason they didn't add any of those things?

J

Jared Duran

Because it would cost them money is my guess.

P

Perry Armstrong

because it would be sooooo bad i hate even using the lfg sites

A

Alex King

The chat was probably to stall toxicity but it doesn't really work when people just rage add and shit talk. The matchmaking they were keeping true to D1 even if it was a bad idea.

J

James Lamar Bardwell

Activision is holding bungie by the testes and telling them to milk as much money by doing as little as possible?

S

Sean Conkle

They need to add in the "find fireteam" part of their companion app to be actually in game.

D

Daniel Ross Wrightson

Because the saw how elitist d1 was noone would ever pug a group anyway i hated it when they brought it into wow and i still hate it now lol

D

Dan Squires

Because they're morons.

M

Mick Hoadley

Deej announced on one of the twitch shows that there not putting match making for top tier end game material to encourage the community to work with their teams/clans/friends to keep the community and that even with matchmaking you would probably not be able to complete the events as your likely to get matched with people that want everyone else to carry them and to reduce the toxicity within the community when you get matched with useless people that no one else wants to play with

I’m paraphrasing but that’s the gist of it

Tbh it seems like a way to get everyone to go into clans so at some point they can introduce proper clan wars. But that might just be me being hopeful

M

Maciek Sawosz

Imagine matchmaking for trials. You get one good player, one that is afk half the time and one that only speaks spanish. Do you speak spanish? Was it a fun experience?

J

Joe Faith

Money isn't an issue LOL you really think it would cost that much money to add matchmaking? They spent even more money already adding guided games which basically is the best kind of matchmaking you could possibly get for a situation like trials or the raid.

Guided games exist to help people who want matchmaking by meeting them in the middle by setting up a situation in which the matchmaking is ALWAYS paired with people who are experienced. If people are simply not using the system and using lfg instead that's the community's choice, and it's not an incorrect or wrong choice it's just their choice..

Regular matchmaking does not exist because including it would imply that anyone and everyone should be able to tackle the raid as soon as they meet the minimum light requirement, it would encourage people to play solo instead of joining Clans and taking on difficult content in a tight-knit team which is substantially more effective. People complain that they didn't have matchmaking of any kind, so they put one in apparently that's not good enough LOL.

Tldr I'd rather than keep matchmaking the way it is and keep the raid semi challenging, then have them dumb down the raid, like they did for all the WoW raids and make them matchmaking access.

J

Jeffrey B. Shuflin

Bungee'response was that they wanted to keep the community from becoming toxic... Looks like that worked out well for them...

B

Barry Kilgour

Raids I can answer. Ever spend 2 hours trying to find a raid team...only to have one guy be a jerk or quit or go afk...and now you have to spend all that time replacing him? Thats gonna happen so so so much more with raid match making. Nightfalls...i agree should have match making...trials, if you wanna get paired with a random for trials thats your prerogative so I dont see a problem having it. But raid match making would be a nightmare.

D

Dan Squires

Guided games(why not just lfg? Oh that's right. This is Bungie, we're special snowflakes)could be effective..i suppose, but they couldn't even get that one right. To make one sit there in orbit, in there ship after queueing up, literally doing nothing for 40 min to 3hrs waiting for a group is just a non-effective way of forming a group for content.. It's the worst implementation I've seen in years. It's ridiculous lol!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom