Contact advertising [email protected]

So I finally found the G thread to NPT adapters I’ve been looking for literally for...

J

Joe Blank

So I finally found the G thread to NPT adapters I’ve been looking for literally for months. My next build will be using all AN fittings for the connections. Anyone in the automotive or the aviation industry knows how reliable and easy to work with they are.

D

Dylan LeFebvre

I'd be concerned about the conductivity of the AN hoses. Make sure you get a non conductive material, man. I'd love to see the finished product

J

Joe Robey

1/4" BSPP to NPT? Baaaaarely worth adapting.

N

Neil Welch

Definitely an interesting idea- would look very cool in an aviation / automotive themed build

J

Joe Blank

So I was planning on going with copper water blocks because I feel copper transfers heat better than something like say, Aluminium. But,

All AN fittings are aluminum. Would this have an effect on the copper even though the aluminum is covered with anodizing? I’ve never had any kind of issues with these in the automotive industry but it seems mixing copper and aluminum is a no no with computers?

N

Neil Welch

Generally frowned upon but I've seen it work. Ultimately you could buy one of those all aluminum cooling kits from EKWB and then just replace the fittings and hose with this

J

Joe Blank

Hmm, I gotta look into it more. Koolance sells the NPT/G adapter fittings, and I was also going to run their QD disconnects (doing external RADS outside my room) as well. I could use AN automotive disconnects but they are a tad overkill/expensive but I’ll see what I end up doing.

J

Joe Blank

What’s the most common “problem” with mixing stuff? The only aluminum would be the fittings with an anodized finish on em. And the rads etc would be copper

K

Kevin Kusik

The only problem that I could think of is calcium build up. But that only happens if you use shit coolant. And I would use zinc plated copper waterblocks for durability.

L

Lucas Korek

Mixing alu and copper is asking for problems

E

Erik Uccello

Aluminum and copper together will ruin your loop. It creates galvanic corrosion and will screw your aluminum parts, gunk up your system and if the bock/rad is aluminum leaks.

J

Joe Blank

Is it only applying to BARE ALUMNIUM? Or all aluminum (alumnium anodized parts)

J

Joe Blank

What about stainless steel mixed with copper?

Seems my only option is to deal with it and hope for the best, give up, or go with all aluminum components.

E

Erik Uccello

Ek sells a really affordable all aluminum kit. Looks pretty solid.

P

Paul Waffle

Is there any material that simply doesn't have entropy? I'll wait

J

Jake LaRue

Tim Pettersson would be the one to talk to.

C

Chris Schmall

And how fucking expensive they are

L

Lee Nee

AN fittings are great, I love this idea.

A

Andrej Koreň

I can't help myself but when I see this it makes me think of shower hose or the ones from boiler :D

D

Dustin Tylor Richardson

Depends on what's mixed with the water. There are things that stop the corrosion. Plus of the aluminum fittings are anodized youll be alright

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom