Contact advertising [email protected]

Smurfing, legit or bullshit? (Explain why or why not in a comment)

N

Niv Akiva

Smurfing, legit or bullshit?
(Explain why or why not in a comment)

M

Mélissande Osaki

Depends.
Smurfing to try to be higher : bullshit
Smurfing to try to improve a specific role : interesting.

D

Dan Wells

Why not, my dps smurf isnt in gm because im not good enough, my tank account is. Is it fair to gm people to practise dps on my main?

N

Niv Akiva

I'll elaborate, cause Mélissande's example is actually legit:
Your main account is 3600. You open another one just to play with people in 1800, and kick their ass every time, calling them losers. Is there any legit reason to do this other than you being a complete twat?

M

Matthew Henry

Smurfing is purposely lowering your rank. A sub account for practicing new things/heros isn't smurfing and there's nothing wrong with it if that's what you want to do.

On that note, as long as you start smurfing in placement matches, w/l records don't matter, so i have no problem with it. It's the people that purposely throw games just to lower their rank after placements that I can't stand.

C

Chris Johnson

Smurfing is for people that want to ruin others games without ruining their own SR. If there was a “smurf only” lobby i could understand. But since people smurf and throw games to lower their rank amongst a team of people actually trying to win, its bullshit

A

Andy QA

People legit throwing winnable games deserve a brick to the head.

S

Steven Ray Allison

Depends like for me i am a level 456 on ps4 but recently got a good pc and am only level 50 something so some people may think thats smurfing but its not its playing on different system and also so i can i have accessto the ptr.

K

Khoa Trần Anh

it's fun
yes I drink their tear as beverage

S

Steven Sanchez

Depends I know Smurfs that help other people out by giving them tips

L

Lauren Hutter

Smurfing is playing on a separate account.

NOT the same thing as throwing.
NOT the same thing as boosting.

Boosting and throwing are not okay. Smurfs and mains alike should not be doing this.

Eventually, if the smurf is not doing the things above, they will reach their deserved rank.

G

Gabriel Groth

Majority of people who make smurf accounts just throw the games for others

D

David Kapp

Bullshit if you ask me.

I get that people don't wanna mess up their rank with learning a new hero, but the game time logged still gives you a better game sense than those who are defaultly in a teir, and that leads to an advantage over those trying to develop those senses

F

Fen Latte

I think smurfing is fine if you're not using it to boost friends, who will just fall down to their original rank, and if you're not doing it to just play against lower level people to feel better about yourself. I smurf so I can learn how to play DPS in comp but not lower my SR (almost Masters, tank/support main) because I'm incompetent with 'em at that rank.

G

Gus McCrizzle

It's bullshit. Learning a new hero isn't an excuse either as there's other game modes to do that in.

There's no viable reason for doing it. Being a more skilled played in a tier waaaaaaay lower than you is bullshit. Nothing else to say about it.

C

Carlos Martinez-Rodas

You know what’s worse…boosting. Or more commonly referred to as “Helping” someone into a rank they may or may not belong in. Smurfs and Boosters are both scum.

H

Henrik Bloch Helmers

Smurfs are for shitty mercy mains that cant rank up and blame it on smurfs

C

Chong Gai Thao

Legit. As soon as you try to smurf on ow, it places you higher. You got maybe 3 matches before yoy get placed. I mean is it worth a new account at that point?

M

Makthor Vanderwolf

Well, multiple accounts are ok as long as you play at your level, but smurfing just to bully lower sr ppl is totally bullshit.

H

Harrie Rose

Because there's no honour in wrecking people who are new to the game. It's like attacking a toddler - it's not hard it's abuse

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom