Contact advertising [email protected]

Saw a lot of post recently, about how overpriced the Imac pro is. Sure, you won't get...

G

Gregory Leung

Saw a lot of post recently, about how overpriced the Imac pro is.
Sure, you won't get a bargain buying Apple products but a lot of part list I saw not close to the parts listed on Apple's website like people listing GTX 1080 TI (This really shows a lot of members think PC is only used for gaming and watching special videos). Please, if you are going to say an AIO is overpriced, at least make a more accurate list.

How much does a maxed out IMac pro cost?

CPU - Intel Xeon W-2195 -$2553
RAM - 128GB 2666Mhz DDR4 ECC memory (4x32GB chosen) $1880
MoBo - (gigabyte MW51-HP0) $650
SSD - (Samsung 960 PRO 1TB x4 chosen as the pricing should be similar between the two) Apple proprietary Nvme SSD drives 1TB x4 = 630 x4 = $2520
GPU - VEGA FE - $1000 (normal vega 64 is only 8GB, so the model is most likely vega FE)
Monitor - (LG 5k chosen due to similar specs) - $1300
Mouse - $77
Keyboard - $130
OS - $20
Total = $10123
Following parts are not factored
-Custom casing for All in one
-Custom cooling
-cables
-PSU
-warrenty
-pre-built
-microphone
-speakers
-apple logos on the monitor
-apple logo on the box
-apple logo on the adapter
-apple logo on the cables
-apple logo on the mouse

As you can see, is it THAT overpriced? No. Sure, You can buy all the parts cheaper than $13199 (excluding the pre-installed software, mounting) but there is really no way someone can buy these parts for "8k max" and it won't be this compact. To put all these hardware inside this form factor is actually impressive. This is why you seldom see AIO with really good specs.
so, conclusion. Imac pro is indeed overpriced. But it is not as overpriced as you all might think.
But the most important thing is
You see, there are a lot of Apple logos, that must cost a fortune to print.

J

Jon Clarence Hu

Tldr still overpriced

M

Mustafa Aqil

Thank you for making this! iMac Pro is very competitively priced. People just love to hate on Apple.

N

Neil Welch

No one cares about the form factor. It's still not user upgradable and it's overpriced.

N

Neil Welch

If you have $13k to blow on a computer you have the space for a tower.

D

David Čemeljić

R

Ravi Bechoe

Taking FE as price indicator is good but I guess its an exclusive 64 series due to the 16gb vram. But nice list was curious myself but had no time to check them all up. Nonetheless I never find their products overpriced. Expensive? Yes. Overpriced? No.

A

Amin Nausin

its not a vega fe, its a modified vega 64

A

Amin Nausin

that sheds hundreds of dollars off

A

Amin Nausin

also 200+ for the mouse and keyboard is overpriced itself

E

Ethan Rennick

Who in their right mind gets 128 gb of ram what in the fuck

A

Amin Nausin

also that mobo is 550 on newegg

A

Amin Nausin

do you not even think a $600 difference between an 8gb vega 56 and a 16gb vega 64 is overpriced?

Z

Zhi Xing Ong

Thing is apples part combos may not always be the best

M

Mitchel Makkus

You forget that the apple ones probably have pre installed software that ruins your hardware once warranty runs out. Since they did that with almost every apple product ever..

L

Luke Brown

Ah yes.. the mentality of a fucktard... just add all the expensive parts .. 8k for a 4TB SSD... I love a good SSD... but i'd never spend that on one fucking idiots and their money are soon parted

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom