Contact advertising [email protected]

quick question, i got a new laptop for gaming (i know build a pc, i will) but rn i'm...

T

Tyler Barrett

quick question, i got a new laptop for gaming (i know build a pc, i will) but rn i'm having a little annoying issue. whenever it isn't plugged in to the charger my fps goes from its usual 120 down to 30 and it stays there until i have it on charge again. it's a nvidia geforce gtx 1050 for my graphics card and an intel core i5 7th gen processor. i already went into the gc control panel and switched performance to max but the problem still keeps happening. any help would be appreciated

edit: power setting at at max performance already so that isn't the issue, and i don't want to keep it charging or else it'll wreck the battery

C

Christian Agustin

battery can't deliver the proper voltage(?) to gpu. so you always plug in and set your performance to high when gaming.

Ν

Νίκος Πανταζής

Maybe change power saving settings to performance instead of balanced? Dunno

C

Calvin DiBartolo

I think the issue is quicksync takes over rendering to save battery life. Its been an issue on laptops for a long time now. Have to force high performance mode i think both in power settings and in driver

J

James Brauer

On laptops there are usually two different power settings, one for plugged in and one for on the battery. Make sure both are maxed out

N

Nitin Misra

Change power settings

K

Kodie Beasley

If your worried about wearing battery out and still want 120 fps and don't mind it being plugged up which would defeat the purpose of having laptop but still you could remove the battery and plug it into charger laptop will run power from wall instead of battery

C

Calvin DiBartolo

Drain it to about 70% before storing it

E

Eric Sheets

Don't even try to play it wihtout the PSU hooked up to it. If you're going to game, use the power supply.

C

Christian Agustin

the misconception about keeping the laptop plug in. circuit in your laptop will automatically stop charging the battery when it reaches 100%. and of-course, keep it in a cool environment. high temperature will ruin your battery's life.

C

Christian Agustin

and mind you. it's a gaming laptop. the only reason why there's a gaming laptop is for people who travels and still want to play. whenever you see an outlet, you can always hook up your laptop and play. you never see someone travels with their whole unit with them nor see them playing in a subway with their full gear. imagine.

A

Adam Gow

Gaming Laptops are only 'usable' when plugged in. The battery alone can not provide enough power to the system during heavy load.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom