Contact advertising [email protected]

ok so i just saw this. my fx 6300 a 3 core 6 logical core processor appears as a 3...

C

Chris Hiatt

ok so i just saw this. my fx 6300 a 3 core 6 logical core processor appears as a 3 core 3 logical core processor. i dont know why its doing that.

D

Drew Leonard

The 6300 is a 6 core though...

C

Chris Hiatt

i know i dont know why its appearing like this

D

Drew Leonard

Did you accidentaly disable some cores?

C

Chris Hiatt

no i went into the bios and checked and they are all enabled

D

Drew Leonard

this a new cpu you just got?

N

Nick McCann

I don't think amd did the whole hypeethreading thing with their fx series processors. It should be just a 6 core 6 logical

M

Marcus Dean Adams

From what I've been able to find on the internet, the FX series of chips have "modules", each of which contains two physical X86 cores that share floating point information. Windows detects the "modules" as "cores" and the actual "cores" as "threads". They built them this way to save money, but you do in fact have 6 physical cores. My FX 8370 shows up as 8 logical, 4 physical, but still performs just about the way it's supposed to on benchmarks.

Hyperthreading is an Intel technology, so no, AMD chips do not use it. AMD chips that use it, which the FX chips do not, can make use of SMT (Simultaneous Multi-Threading) which accomplishes the same sort of goal as hyperthreading. SMT and HT are essentially glorified task scheduling.

I

Ivan Vuletić

You have 6 cores spread in 3 modules. So 1 module has two cores, but only one FPU per module. So depending on the application you use, you will use either 3 or 6 cores.

A

Alvin Verzosa

I have the same cpu same reading on mine too

C

Chris Hiatt

ok no one is reading this it is appearing as a 3 core 3 thread processor and a week before it was appearing as a 3 core 6 thread processor

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom