Contact advertising [email protected]

PC No more bullshit? I've heard it both ways now? Are dropped gear, engrams and NPC...

J

Josh Krogman

No more bullshit?

I've heard it both ways now?

Are dropped gear, engrams and NPC reward items affected by currently equipped items? Or highest level you have on your person? Whether equipped or not.?

I've heard on console a month ago? Bungie fixed it where you aren't required to have it equipped? If this is false it really explains my slow leveling?

D

Daniele Marco Ronchese

No, they slowly scale up in power. The engram earned will always show what the value is before you decrypt. In the beginning up to about 260 it does count. Exotic engrams will drop at the level of the gear your wearing when it drops. A little above.

D

Daniele Marco Ronchese

I am 281 and npc and token based rewards and engrams all drop 10 levels lower.

T

Travis Stansel

ONLY HAS TO BE IN YOUR INVENTORY. NOT EQUIPPED

T

Travis Stansel

Legendary Engrams and standard loot will stop at around 265-270, and so you must seek out 'Powerful Gear'. (Note that these 'regular' sources will technically scale with you, but at a pace of around 10 levels behind - so if you are 281-2, this loot will drop at 271-2.) This section explains the differences between activities, and tips to reach this soft cap - while the end of this article explains how best to go beyond.

Z

Zack Patten

So I have to actually debate what the guy above me said. On my fresh level 20 warlock Zavala gave me a 270 exotic engram even though my light level was only 214 at the time. Mind you I have a 278 hunter as well so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it.

J

Joey Cardy

I’m of the opinion (and this is based on my experience) that you have to quip the higher light item once. Then you can un equip it and the game remembers your highest possible light.

I.e. if you are 275 and drop an item that takes you to 276, as long as you equip it and your total light changes to 276 you can then Un equip and New drops base their light on the 276

T

Travis Stansel

I'm not going to get in a debate with people on here. I know how it works . All my Clan guys use my method And they are all ranking up.

Z

Zack Patten

I just don't get how Zavala gave me a 270 when my light level was only 214

C

Conan Lockwood

Its based on your hgihest light level, without mods, thats been equipped that are still in your inventory/vault use
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and you can see it at the top.

C

Conan Lockwood

My highest light level is 304.5 but my light level is actually 299.5 without mods, m,eaning legendaries drop at 294 and exotics drop at 299

C

Conan Lockwood

Thats why infusing exotics into weaker gear boosts your gears light level by 5 because of the accounted mods.

T

Travis Stansel

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

J

Josh Hays

Cant tell if this guy is making a statement or asking a question.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom