Contact advertising [email protected]

Just need a little more help. I am paying for 50mb down, 5mb up internet, and have...

M

Miles Zemanek

Just need a little more help.

I am paying for 50mb down, 5mb up internet, and have poor speeds. I am using a motorola SBG6580, bridged to a random belkin N600DB router. The motorola worked ok, but wifi was spotty, and bridged it as recommended by some people here. It has worked great for a while now.

Then out of nowhere, I had a service outage for a while. Since then, ive had these speeds, one is provider driven, and then ookla. My question is, how can I tell if the speed issue is my side, or the providers side? Depending on what we find, ill call tech tomorrow. Otherwise, im somewhat handy with networking.

After hard resets of both modem and router, ive just been using factory default settings on both, other than the basic settings required to bridge.

D

David Rickerd

First step to troubleshoot this issue..is to use hard line connected to the first router. And test speed. If it's low...Then you need to contact your provider again. I am assuming it is cable service. But you didn't say.

D

Donovan Greenwood

firstly id say its a wifi thing. try a direct connection just to test it, then add your bridge, test again. Boom you'll have your answer. Also check what version your wireless receivers are. 2ghz, 5ghz etc and make sure each router and bridge is set right.

S

Sean Broodryk

Tri that if you want

S

Sean Broodryk

This is what i get i have an 8meg adsl so get 7.4 to 7.7 down and some times 0.6 up. What i did is n endter my dns ip addres from my isp so i get les lag. And i gave my network that has 5 ethernet conection and 9 wifi connections, static ip, so no can connect with oit me giving them and ip. And i made my subnet 255.255.255.192. So its less ping it does to rest of net work. And no one can hop on your data. Thats what i did to stop other from using my network. And made my channels on my 3 routers not the same. For example first router is channel 1 second is 6 and third is 11 or 12 so that they dont over lap

S

Sean Broodryk

Its also good to reboot your router about, 2 to 3 times a month. Its lile a pc.. Mem becomes full and slow. Just like your pc

K

Khyle Ashton

Could try something like this, basically plug it into a wall socket near your router, then ethernet from adapter > router, plug 2nd one into the wall near your pc, ethernet from adapter > pc and boom! Wired internet a hell of a lot closer to your rated speed, I went from 8mb/s down to 35+ on a 45mb/s connection. Might be worth looking into ^^

E

Evert van Ingen

Have you tried switching if on and off again? xD

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom