Contact advertising [email protected]

I've got a question for the experienced overclockers out there. I'm trying to get the...

J

Josh Swanger

I've got a question for the experienced overclockers out there. I'm trying to get the most out of a X5460, it has a stock frequency of 333mhz with a 9.5 multiplier, making it 3.17Ghz stock. I can bump it up to 354 leaving everything else on auto, hitting 3.37ghz on cpu and 708mhz on ram, but 355 and above the overclock fails.

Im a noob at overclocking and this chipset isn't really the most facilitating, but I think it could be my RAM sticks holding me back. I am running two mixed sets, two Nanya PC2-6400 DDR2 800mhz with 6-6-6-13 timings and two Mushkin Silverline PC2-6400 DDR2 800mhz with 5-5-5-18 if im reading the label right. Any insight?

M

Maxx Bullet

wow DDR2

R

Ronald Severt

Bump up the multiplier?

B

Bradley Neiswanger

Josh, your last name seems a little short..

M

Maxx Bullet

SD Ram lol single lane PC 100 or EC 66 lolol i had PC 100 for many years lol

R

Riley Branson

find out what safe voltage levels are for the cpu, up the voltage abit more. I don't know too much about intel overclocking, I run a fx8350 at 5ghz on water.

R

Riley Branson

also make sure all ram is set to the slower of the 2* timings. make sure they all using the 800mhz with 6-6-6-13 timings or 788mhz,

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom