Contact advertising [email protected]

In relation to modding. Does anyone have a good mod list for either Skyrim or Fallout...

A

Aydan Macmillan

In relation to modding. Does anyone have a good mod list for either Skyrim or Fallout 4. I have around 130 mods running on each and it is so infuriating after like 4 hours the game crashes to desktop and i can't find the broken mod. I can just easily start up game in 40 seconds but it completely ruins immersion and sometimes hampers progress if not saved and I'm playing on extreme difficulty survival settings. Thanks

T

Timothy Johnson

I'm assuming you've got all of your mods updated to their latest versions, if you haven't, start there. Also get LOOT if you haven't already, it'll sort your mods into a known good order which will reduce the chances of crashes, otherwise, you probably have a conflict somewhere, in which case, you'll need to learn your way around FO4Edit and TESEdit (or the SSE version) to make patches for conflicting mods, or you're going to have to start from scratch and rebuild your mod list.

D

Daniel Linke

4 hours before you crash with that many mods sounds as good as it gets

T

Timothy Johnson

If you've done all of the trouble shooting you can, you can generally go a few days before there's any crashes, though if the OP has been taking mods away from existing saves (especially mods that use custom scripts), then that would easily explain the crashes as his saves would have orphaned scripts (mod scripts saved into the file that no longer have their reference points but still try to run) due to how the game saves

A

Aydan Macmillan

Yeah. I haven't removed any and use loot already. Just wondered if there was an assured way of not getting ctd crashes.

T

Timothy Johnson

Bethesda, "Save often" xD unfortunately, their games like to CTD without mods... If you haven't got it, try ENBoost, if you're using an ENB, then you'll already have it, otherwise, get it. It did help me reduce the amount of crashes before I ended up getting an ENB.
I'm currently running around 180 mods in FO4, and don't really CTD, but you'll find that the longer you play a character, the more often it'll CTD.
The only other suggestion I have is running FO4Edit/TESEdit and using the cleaning guides the creators made, clean the DLC .esm files, which will help slightly

A

Aydan Macmillan

Thanks. Its just for when i get that new bethesda game feeling even though i have about 340 games to complete on steam

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom