Contact advertising [email protected]

I ordered a 7700k was hoping to get 5GHz with a Corsair 110i (push/pull 4 fan) but...

S

Seamus St Claire

I ordered a 7700k was hoping to get 5GHz with a Corsair 110i (push/pull 4 fan) but this link makes it seem as if thats not likly...I had thought that 5GHz was a mild OC for this chip
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

R

Ronnie Schmidt

When I hit 5ghz with my 7700k, my temps were getting around 83c. I know they throttle at 90ish, still wasn't crazy about that. So 4.7 was around 67-70c in games. With a h100v2 liquid cooling. So, I just stayed there. I do play more CPU intensive games.

D

Dominic James Sibthorp

I can't get mine above a partly stable 4.9, 4.7 is the max stable I can get. h100v2 as well. Gonna try delid see if that helps but I can't crack 5ghz either.

R

Richard Sanders

because of the frequency 5ghz is always tough it produces a lot of heat, its one of the reasons cpus went muticore in the first place

R

Richard Sanders

its not worth unstablity for 300 mhz IMHO

R

Ronnie Fiddament

id just buy a larger cooler if you have the budget and or the space in case.
Mine runs 5ghz 24/7 with a Kraken X62, had mine up to 5.2 for benchmarks but it needed over 1.4 to achieve so i run 5ghz at 1.36volts currently.

B

Blake Dalenko

Had mine up to 5.4ghz in bios (didnt wanna start due to temps being fairly warm)

5ghz stable while running stress test etc..

Kraken x62

R

Richard Savoy

Mine is 5.2 default voltage

S

Seamus St Claire

Wish i had known about the 7700k heat problems/silicon lottery/delidding before i had ordered... I have just gotten a tested 5.0GHz from them. its going to bother me that the only reason i dont have a stable 5.0GHz is because i just happened to be unlucky. would i notice the difference? nope...but it was a expectation I had when i orderd my parts that in the end id have that 5.GHz that i had read was the sweet spot for the CPU. then again...half of what you read on the internet is bs..so.... :p

D

Dustin Montgomery

What motherboard are you planning to use?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom