Contact advertising [email protected]

I have a gaming laptop with a gtx 1060. Is it risky to overclock it?

D

Devin Roopnarain

I have a gaming laptop with a gtx 1060. Is it risky to overclock it?

P

Pāb Lo

you will damage it , people who overclock have good liquid cooling and many fans

R

Robert McMenemy

If you have enough heat dessipation it's safe just ensure you have proper cooling and monitor the temps laptops get real hot real fast

F

Fikri Pratama Darmawan

please no

A

Aidan Shourds

I have mine overcloked. Just make sure you keep the exhaust ports elevated so the fans can suck in air. That's how mine stays cool. Ambient temperature helps too

D

Dennis Barbier

As long as you monitor your hardware youre fine. Most hardware will thermal throttle itself anyways. Maybe prop the laptop off the desk or get one of those cooling pads with fans built into it. But unless you're a total moron you shouldn't damage anything.

M

Michael Braddy

It’s all about temps my dude

J

Joshua Rico Guiang

Yup its ok, but make sure that your Aircon is always at 100% Cold :)

A

Anthony Tolbert

DONT OC LAPTOPS ITS NOT WORTH IT

K

Kevin Edward

Laptop cooling solutions are terrible don't overclock them.

T

Tyson Robinson

You should never overclock a laptop, most laptops run hot as it is, increasing that will not end well and will actually damage components and possible kill your laptop after a while. If you want more performance get a desktop and then go from there

C

Chris Frederick

I overclocked mine for a bit and I never reached any dangerous temperatures. I don’t think they ever rose above 70 degrees.

M

Martin Cruze

Yes it’s big risk to overclock a laptop hardwares since you won’t have good cooling in a laptop !!!!
Be careful don’t burn your dude

D

Donovan Greenwood

remember you can actually mess with the solder on your board when you overclock a laptop. I found this out the hard way a few years ago. They already run hot and OCing it only made it worse. it got to the point where the machine wouldnt turn on unless i reset the solder every time it cooled down.

True story, dont OC lap tops :)

Z

Zachary Abel

I overclocked the 1070 in my Alienware an extra 100mhz. This laptop has really good cooling though, plus I have an elevated laptop cooler underneath. It works just fine for me. I wouldn't overclock it as much as you would in a desktop though.

C

Cedrick John P Duron

Dont overclock because laptops have only the exact amount of psu watts

G

Gabriel Shultz

Honestly, don't.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom