Contact advertising [email protected]

I’ve had my first build for about 3 months now and my GPU (Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1) has...

C

Chase Walters

I’ve had my first build for about 3 months now and my GPU (Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1) has been getting on the warmer side around 71-75*C and it only spikes there randomly for quite long periods of time even in a very light load situation. Any ideas?

A

Abdul Samad

Summers are getting close lol . Anyhow maybe your orientation of air flow is not good

L

Liam Walter

potentially check the airflow (add more fans if needed) check the thermal paste etc

J

John Ward

Was it purchased new or used? If used, maybe needs new thermal paste? If new, maybe airflow like Abdul said

C

Chase Walters

I purchased new in November last year. I whines loudly at times as well but I’ve been told that’s normal when it’s under a load? It’s only pushing 2 24” monitors 1@60hz and 1@144hz.

C

Chase Walters

Gaming on the 144hz of course. I’ve only been able to play runescape 3 so far until I get moved into my new place

W

Wesley Teoh

Turn up the fans. If possible, send a picture of your case

C

Chase Walters

I recently switched to a Corsair h100vi and have my fans pushing air through the radiator. Here’s a pic of when I was installing the new radiator. Case is Spec-02, I don’t really like it a whole lot.

W

Wesley Teoh

What's your gpu fan speed

C

Chase Walters

GPU is still air cooled so I don’t cause any confusion.

C

Chase Walters

Oh man it’s just set to default at the moment and it’s turned off.

W

Wesley Teoh

Download msi afterburner and adjust fan speeds

C

Chase Walters

I can adjust it with the Gigabyte program I have. I can increase fan speed to cool it but it makes it sound like an AC-130 taking off

J

Jason Dudek

Three words... Custom fan curve.

C

Chase Walters

I’ll try playing in the custom settings tomorrow. I was using just using the presets and it was silent/turbo/normal

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom