Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys. After googling for a while i haven't got an answer yet. Should i worry if my...

B

Ben Collins

Hey guys. After googling for a while i haven't got an answer yet. Should i worry if my cpu is teaching 90°c while gaming? Cpu is amd a4 6300 and gpu is Asus gt 1030 2gb

Edit: turned off turbo core and temps are mid 6's with multiple programs open. Only done it 15 mins ago but looking good so far. That's nearly 30° drop just by doing that. Will keep you posted though

K

Kevin James Contratto

Yeah that's a bit high your temps shouldn't reach over 80C on load

B

Ben Collins

Can't figure out why it's happening. Have 2 case fans and one on cpu. Haven't oc the cpu and running the oc preset that Asus has. Only playing wow

E

Eric Mogenson

Could be many things, dust, fan failure, CPU running at 100% for too long.

B

Ben Collins

Only built it last week. All fans are running and no dust yet

D

Dougan Graham

You need too check your processors and see how many things your processing , close things you do t need open etc your cpu shouldn’t be getting that hot

D

Dougan Graham

Go into task manager and look at it

E

Eric Mogenson

If you just built the thing it could be that the thermal paste didn't set right.

B

Björn Chelon

yea that's high
I have my a6 3650 oc'd to 4.7 ghz on the stock oem cooler and I don't even get above 65C

B

Ben Collins

Could it just be bad airflow in the case? Today is the first time it's happened....also thermal paste was applied by retailer I didn't do it

E

Eric Mogenson

You can open your side panel to allow full airflow, then check to see if the temp goes down, but I'm thinking that's not it. Try what Dougan suggested, pull up the resource monitor and find out if anything is causing the CPU to over work itself.

B

Ben Collins

Nope when nothing is open cpu is doing nothing at all. when i close everything it's at 9% roughly then shoots up to 75ish

M

Mark Bellamy

I know it sounds stupid but make sure that you removed the plastic off the bottom of the heatsink.

B

Ben Collins

No not a stupid comment....I didn't apply cpu or heat sink. I can't take it off right now because i have no thermal paste

T

Tom Collins

Yes very

J

Jason Cook

Yea reseat your cooler with new thermal paste see if that helps, if not you need a new cooler

D

David Quinn

Temps are high

H

Hunter Lewis

Sweet jesus yes

D

Daniel Linke

Get some thermal paste and reapply. Maybe it's just me but I don't trust it already put on there from fac

K

Kevin James Contratto

i am honestly suprised he didnt find anything on google you type the same question you asked here and you will find some forums of people talking about the same thing saying the same anwser

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom