Contact advertising [email protected]

Having a weird little issue with MSI afterburner. I click the "Auto" for fan speed and...

J

John Sun

Having a weird little issue with MSI afterburner.
I click the "Auto" for fan speed and it just puts my fan speed down to 0%. I've always used this setting and on idle it puts my fan speed around 38%, but now its not working.
When I unclick the auto setting for fan speed, it goes to around 25% on idle. However the custom fan curve controls work.

Anyone ever have this issue? I've tried using DDU and reinstalling my GPU drivers and I've reinstalled MSI afterburner. Same results.

A

Alex Søgaard Munch

The fan wont turn on until it reaches a temp lvl its set to turn on, its for quieter gaming :) So at idle and low temps the fan on gpu wont be running :)

J

John Sun

I've always had this setting on, and it usually sets the fan to be at 38% when on idle.

when I turn on auto, is it using the MSI afterburner settings? or my GPU's BIOS settings? I know if I leave all automatic fan controlling off, the fans usually wont kick in until it reaches around 45C

A

Alex Søgaard Munch

Put it on auto, run a stress test on gpu and see if you are happy with the temps, if not adjust the fan curve :)

J

John Sun

yeah but I mean like, when I click "Auto" doesn't it make it so MSI afterburner controls the fan speeds and not the GPU bios?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom