Contact advertising [email protected]

Good news for all those complaining about GPU prices... You may see a flood of second...

A

Alexander Wilson

Good news for all those complaining about GPU prices... You may see a flood of second hand GPU's on the market shortly as crypto-currency prices were HAMMERED over the past 36 hours.
Some are back on the up, some are still going down.

I don't think mining is dead at all, but this may have been enough of a nudge to spook some people into selling their hardware.

My GTX1080 (Purchased for gaming, recently used for hashing in its spare time) is down from making £5.60 a day to about £3.50

F

Fábio Silva

Hahahahahahaha, my day just started and this is the stupidest thing I've read today already.

A

Alexander Wilson

Explain to me what's stupid about it? The currencies are down massively and many people with weak hands have let go of their investments.
As said, I don't think it's dead at all, but investors in the currencies directly are spooked, then potentially the investors in the hardware itself could also be on the fence about cashing in while GPU prices are high

J

Jared Lemner

Dude cryptos rise and fall like waves on a beach. Ive seen them go from 17000 to 10000 in the span of 3 hours

J

Jared Lemner

Also who would sell at the low point.

A

Alexander Wilson

I agree Jared, I'm just calling out the fact that some may be rather nervous and tempted to cash out.
Who would sell at the low point?
People who believe it's on a continuous tumble downwards who think the low point could be even lower.

J

Jared Lemner

People like that are the reason they crash like that tbh. Not sayib your wrong. Plus with all that tech im sure theres something better they could be doing than selling it all back and losing money

J

Jared Lemner

I also think binance is going up. Idk tho

A

Alexander Wilson

But at this moment in time Jared, their second hand 1070's that they snapped up as a bargain 7-8 months ago will surely be worth more NOW than it was when they purchased it? this is what has me thinking people may be tempted to sell their mining hardware.
I'm not going to lie, I'm going to invest in 2x 1080ti's myself for my gaming habits, but I'll leave them 'mining' in their spare time. Anything they make back is a bonus to me as I'm not investing for profit :)
I'm just after swanky GPU's that pay for themselves so I'm not fussed if 'return on investment' goes from 120 days to 200 days or higher

J

Jared Lemner

Truuu. Yeah. Still tho not all are going down. And as soon as people think bitcoin is as low as it will go people will buy them again and sell them for next weeks high and it might start over again. Maybe the regulations have something to do with it but i think more people want more ways to make a quick buck

A

Alexander Wilson

Now there's a point I can agree with! Thanks for contributing to a healthy debate Jared! All too easy these days for people to disagree with someone and just resort to derogatory comments :p
I too believe it'll rise. Bitcoin has seen a slash at the beginning of every new year, only to double or triple in price over the course of the year.
What this drop will do though, is kill off the weak support. Those who were on the fence and only see crypto as a temporary thing will be washed out and people with a stronger grip on the concept will buy into it. Eventually, over the course of a few years, it should stabilise with each and every cycle.

R

Robert Mendola

This is the dumbest shit. Please do your research before posting shit that makes you look ignorant as fuck.

S

Steve Hacker

Jimmy Debacher

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom