Contact advertising [email protected]

Going to be doing a new build! Stuck between threadripper 1950x and 8700k! I will be...

C

Chris Steward

Going to be doing a new build! Stuck between threadripper 1950x and 8700k! I will be running sli 1080ti. I know the threadripper has more PCie lanes! What is your guys opinions? Thanks

D

Dennis Barbier

Threadripper.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

J

Jacob Evans

Tweadwippah!

S

Stephen Angeloe Pilaza

8700k will do the job. but if you want the threadripper go for it. and depends on what are you going to do with the pc

J

John Pearce

I personally would go threadripper but it depends on what you will be using the system for

J

Josh Schoeling

Im using sli 1080tis with the 8700k and it works amazingly, i highly recommend it but it just depends on what youre trying to do

J

Joel Varuska

7900x

J

John Pearce

The x1950 has 10 more cores than the 8700k but the 8700k will clock higher. Both will play all the games you want at 4k. Threadripper will last longer due to being able to utilise all those core in future games as more and more games will start taking advantage of the extra cores now more readily available :) the 64 pcie lanes will also not only allow full x16 sli graphics but you could also do some m.2 raids :)

C

Chris Steward

I’ll just be doing gaming maybe some streaming as well!

J

Jaydn Gregory

Clearly threadripper lol

M

Mike Magwire

8700k for gaming. A slight OC will lesson the workstation gap a little. It's better single core.

J

Joel Varuska

If you're looking at threadripper, why not the 7900x instead of the 8700k?

I

Isaac Vanderaegen

8700k for gaming
Threadripper for productivity

D

David Davis

Sounds awesome.

A

Andy Schille

8700k will do you well.

J

Joezenn Sellerx

Threadpiper

S

Steve Dimitriou

Gaming pc go intel

C

Cody Dorsey

6/12 vs 16/32. Two completely different chips, not even in the same ballpark. There's such a big difference between the two, that you really do need 3rd party input.

B

Bekrah T'sion

I have a 8700K with a 1080ti and I absolutely love it. I average 50-60 FPS on all games set to Ultra settings. I play all games in 2160P.

D

Daniel Linke

why not 7900x? same price as TR

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom