Contact advertising [email protected]

Friends new build has a issue. cpu i7 7820x 1070 aurura mobo x299 gaming 7 32gb rgb...

P

Pierce Hester

Friends new build has a issue.
cpu i7 7820x
aurura mobo x299 gaming 7
32gb rgb corsair ram
1000psu evga
corsair aio cooler
500gb samsung ssd

so he hooks up everything
hits power
no fans or anything start up
no mobo lights
just rgb on the ram stick comes on and waves on/off in blue

sooo
before i have him do the basic part by part install while checking each time after adding a new part, is there anything one of you can think of?

*not my photo

A

Andrew Taplin

Did he plug in the CPU power connector incorrectly? That shorts the mobo but does not fry it.

A

Ahmad NasruddIn

looking at the proc slot? is it entered correctly?

T

Tony Huu Tran

Maybe somthing was connected wrong so it short it out meaning nothing powers up.
You sure all cables & wires are connected properly into mobo & on psu?

P

Pierce Hester

yea im not where he is but i told him to unhook and slowly rebuild it making sure everything is there and connected

J

Jason Dudek

Check motherboard CPU power plug, fans should still come on though for that. Check the Ram is all seated correctly. Check front panel connectors.

G

Graham Murray

Seen similar symptoms when GPU 8 pin used instead of CPU 8 pin

C

Clifton D Endicott

I'd check the ram try switching to one and putting it to slot closest to processor then try boot

C

Cory VanSumeren

Did you plug in the 4 pin next to the cpu?

I couldnt figure out why my fans powered up but nothing else and i didnt have the plug seated all the way.

Z

Zade Keys

Reseat power cables. Failing that remove RAM, and see if it beeps. If it beeps, then its attempting to post. If no beep, its likely shorting out on the case, in which case you'll need to remove everything from the case and test the basics outside of the case.

ALWAYS test outside the case.... Thats PC building basics 101. GL :)

M

Marijn M Brouwer

Power supply is dead

E

Eric Lee Brandenburg-Mullins

power supply dead assuming everything is wired up properly

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom