Contact advertising [email protected]

Delete if not allowed I have a pretty decent setup i7 6700k 16gb of ram Rog strix gtx...

• Thread starter Jacob Louis Salazar
  • Start date
J

Jacob Louis Salazar

Delete if not allowed
I have a pretty decent setup
i7 6700k
16gb of ram
Rog strix gtx 1070

If i try to mine bitcoin (weather its worth it or not, not really my question)
But would that burn out my gpu and interfere with gaming performance if im not careful or in general am i okay?

E

Eric Sheets

It will mess the fans up from what I've seen.

M

Michael Strode

It won't be bad. Look up specific setups for your card. I tried my own and it was getting wonky. If you run a suggested setup by a trusted source it generally worked way better. On average depending what your mining my 1070ftw2 is mining 6-8$a day

T

Tony Gill

You're fine. You'll be mining other crypto and getting paid in BTC if you are talking about using Nicehash. Don't go crazy with overclock if you're seriously concerned about it. Make sure your system stays cool and it'll be fine.

T

Tony Gill

Plus, you'll make enough to buy a second GPU in 4-5 months most likely at the average rate so either upgrade then or just buy another and continue making twice the money.

J

Jacob Louis Salazar

Now what about laptops? I got a 2016 razer blade 14
Its got a 1060 in it
Not sure how good it is compared to desktop models though

M

Matt Jensen

As someone who mines with a few rigs, yes it will effect your performance with gaming, mining uses 100% of the gpu. And no gaming is actually harder on a video card than mining is IF when mining you keep your temps under 65*c. And if you have your fans set at 100% yeah they might wear out in like a Year of use. But at 80% fan speed and lower you are fine for a few years.

R

Rida Khadir

Mining reduce lifespwan of the card from a bit (depending on OC and other stuff), not by a lot

Also, the gpu is used at 100% so you cannot mine and game at the same time on the same gpu
If you have multiple gpus, you can disable one of them for gaming

What i do is a use my integrated graphics from my cpu to play some games like LoL and stuff

J

Jacob Louis Salazar

Thank you guys the advice

M

Matt Jensen

I started 2 years ago with a 1070 and now have 9 1080's, my 1070, 2 1060 6gb, 3 1050ti's, and 3 rx580's 4 new z270 motherboards and systems that were paid for with mining on my 1070 and fx8350. It also paid for a 4k monitor, corsair mouse and keyboard, ssd's for every machine and a nighthawk router. You do the math. Is it worth it?

D

David Denberry

Bitcoin is literally not worth it to mine anymore with a graphics card, same with Litecoin. You need ASICs for those.

A

Andrew Lane

It's fine, just undervolt and underclock the card slightly.

N

Nicolas Nelissen

A 1080 ti is barely earning 3.5/day atm, not sure if it's even remotely worth it with 1070

N

Nick Harrington

It's fine - people get a bit paranoid about cards used for mining but there's no reason it should cause any harm

J

Jonnathon Clayton

no, it wont hurt gaming as long as your not trying to game and mine at the same time, mining 24x7 is likely to reduce card longevity not performance

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom